Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News For John Bridgman Et Al

Phoronix: Good News For John Bridgman Et Al

Phoronix is turning seven years old in two weeks from now, but there's an early gift to the Phoronix community this Friday, in particular a change that John Bridgman of AMD should enjoy...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTQ2NA

Finally, I can't believe it!

Edit:
    It starts a new era: the fucking 30 minutes edit time
    Last edited by darkbasic; 05-20-2011, 07:53 AM.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Veyenihl-e!

EDIT: Vynily
      EDIT2: Fynaly!
      EDIT3: Fynally!
      EDIT4: Finally!

EDIT5: Ah... the freedom! =D

BTW I long figured out that removing wasn't a problem, so I just copy->delete->paste->change->replied. But that edit time was horrendous! Thank God this is reversed!
      Last edited by V!NCENT; 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix is turning seven years old in two weeks from now,
        How about a 7 year limit so people can go back and finally fix all the embarrassing blunders and ill thought out opinions that they've made.

Comment

Wonderful. Thanks Michael!

Comment

I like those unreadable CAPTCHA

Comment

Free at last,
              Free at last,
              Thank God almighty, free at last!
              DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB + 2x3TB, GTX780, F21/x86_64, Dell U2711.
              SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F21/x86_64, Dell U2412..
              BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F21/x86-64.
              LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F21/x86_64.

Comment

Thanks for making the change to the edit limit. Perhaps at a later date this should be reviewed and adjusted to say maybe 24 hrs as most forums allow 1 day for changes to posts

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                  Thanks for making the change to the edit limit. Perhaps at a later date this should be reviewed and adjusted to say maybe 24 hrs as most forums allow 1 day for changes to posts
                  A 1 day edit limit is dumb. In reality if you need to do an edit for legitimate reasons even 5 minutes should suffice for almost everything. Beyond that a person should be posting a new post.

Comment

thank god, I have never seen a single forum besides this one that imposed such a ridiculous limit.

Comment

John, who leads AMD's open-source strategy and posts on our forums as part of his AMD Linux work, has written over 5,600 posts in less than four years. This trumps even my 5,496 over the course of five years or that of the Phoronix Forums news-posting bot.
                      Aaaaah... I see... THAT's why you're implementing it now

j/k, thanks for that change, at long last.

EDIT: might as well start abusing it...
                      Have you considered having a minimum time window before posts can be edited? You know, so that blunders are available for all to see for a bit
                      Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 05-20-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I've always wondered: why limit the edit time while you can recruit some community moderators?

Comment

Personally I would prefer if you could change settings to your cookies, so premium users won't have to login to forums every time to see ads free articles.
                          Rob
                          email: dagger@gentoo.org

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
                            Personally I would prefer if you could change settings to your cookies, so premium users won't have to login to forums every time to see ads free articles.
                            have you heard about adblock???

its a magnificent add on that runs on any browser that worths your time

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                              have you heard about adblock???

its a magnificent add on that runs on any browser that worths your time
                              Except that very soon you'll lose test result graphs when AdBlock is detected and instead served awkward tables.
                              Michael Larabel
                              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X