Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On Spam

    Michael i think you are the only one managing the forums and i know that a lot of your time goes to your other projects as well.

    Sadly the forums get spamed and its annoying. May i suggest you to appoint some moderators in order to delete spam threads. The users are well mannered in general so the mods will only have to deal with spam.

  • #2
    Buy more indian beer at indianbeer dot india



    No seriously, I second 89c51 words.
    We need a trustworthy person to check the forums at least daily and move them to hidden spam folder. Or a thread to collectively report them. I strongly thing this is done by human spammers.

    Meanwhile
    http://phoronix.com/forums/member.php?39983-Petrekeuis (all posts - spam)
    http://phoronix.com/forums/member.php?31039-ToodowabTor (all posts - spam)

    Comment


    • #3
      Not all spam is done by humans but by bots as well. If there are members on here who are familiar with vBulletin perhaps they should chime in and give Michael some solid advice and assistance. I agree we need some solid moderators on the forum to keep the spammers at bay as well as dealing with the occasional flamefest that pops up. By and large there's few problems with trolling by users or in users misbehaving so there's no real issue in that area but spam.

      Suggest picking one person from each common timezone so there's always a moderator on duty. This arrangement should help Michael a lot

      Comment


      • #4
        So who's interested in being a mod?
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Michael View Post
          So who's interested in being a mod?
          For create the List who never be an mod?

          I think the problem is who is in your eyes trustworthy enough for this job.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nille View Post
            I think the problem is who is in your eyes trustworthy enough for this job.
            Pretty much if the person has a few hundred posts and/or has ever drank a beer with me.
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Pretty much if the person has a few hundred posts and/or has ever drank a beer with me.
              Not my fault you keep snubbing a trip to Saskatoon.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Not my fault you keep snubbing a trip to Saskatoon.
                You're welcome to be a mod if you wish. I even PMed you about it a few weeks (or months) ago but I think your PM inbox might be full?
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Deanjo is a great choice as he's been around the forum and is quite respected and trusthworthy.

                  Hopefully now this forum will become a lot cleaner and more wholesome now that we have a mod.

                  Congrats on your modship, deanjo!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                    Deanjo is a great choice as he's been around the forum and is quite respected and trusthworthy.

                    Hopefully now this forum will become a lot cleaner and more wholesome now that we have a mod.

                    Congrats on your modship, deanjo!
                    Thanks. I'll do my best.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X