Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What To Look Forward To In 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Get your users/readers busy and fill it with (not too much) adds. As the quality improves so does your reader base. Get key people on open benchmarking and have them reporting their own news to everyone (feature xyz added) and pay the key people for worthwhile blog posts with a portion of the ad revenue.

    Meanwhile you can enjoy a nice vacation and then a job or something. You have enough experience!

    Best of luck!

    Comment


    • #12
      deanjo "Rumor has it that Qaridarium is taking over the role."
      Originally posted by devius View Post
      Oh yeah!! That would be awesome
      o yes

      but i think the world is not ready yet for that stuff.

      maybe if Microsoft bankrupt then then then...

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Rumor has it that Qaridarium is taking over the role.
        Oh great. It would be like a command-line version of WikiLeaks

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Oh great. It would be like a command-line version of WikiLeaks
          lol with a braille input device.

          Comment


          • #15
            "After a seven-year tenure, in 2011 it's also quite likely I will be stepping down from my editorial role at Phoronix.com."

            A word of warning, Tom of www.tomshardware.com stepped down after a few years. It wasn't good for the site at the time. It took them several years to regain confidence.

            Still, good luck! But I wish you wouldn't leave.

            .

            Comment


            • #16
              A lot of people STILL do not trust tom's hardware.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Mr James View Post
                A lot of people STILL do not trust tom's hardware.
                You get that at every tech site. When product X gets a favorable review the fans of product Y get all in a hissy fit and claim bias. The next review they review product Y and then fans of product X get all in a hissy fit and claim bias. It's quite humorous to read.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  You get that at every tech site. When product X gets a favorable review the fans of product Y get all in a hissy fit and claim bias. The next review they review product Y and then fans of product X get all in a hissy fit and claim bias. It's quite humorous to read.
                  i really found big misstages on toms hardware in the past...

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    i really found big misstages on toms hardware in the past...
                    So have I but I can also say the same of pretty much any tech site.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      In fact it was me to point out the misleading benchmarks and misuse of PTS on the site when they decided to run their comparative linux benchmarks on the various processors. This also lead to PTS being changed so that recompiling the benchmarks when items like a change in processor was detected. What they were doing was compiling it once on a intel processor and then migrating the drive over to other systems and running the test again without a recompile. This lead to some false results (like on the SSL bench) where the intel processors were falsely shown as blowing the doors off the AMD's. If the benchmark had been recompiled as it should have been it would shown a drastic difference in results.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X