No announcement yet.

1 minute edit limit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like ubuntuforum did really good job managing this stuff without limit at all!
    Maybe all is needed that phoronix does the next step towards a open community and look after some moderator volunteer?

edit: worthy moderator volunter...

Comment

I just registered at the arch linux forums and they also have NO edit limit, and I didn't find any spam around. I was able to edit my own single post with no problems. Having no limit at all is the best, but having the current limit increased would already be a welcome improvement. The words "[insult] edit time limit" must be a very big part of the phoronix forums by now

Comment

With moderators around they can catch and deal with spammers that slip thru the antispam defenses

Michael you should delegate moderation authority to trusted people so you don't have to do it all alone

Comment

I second the above.
          Both Fedoraforum and Ubuntuforum seem to use the same software as Phoronix and yet both of them doesn't seem to suffer from spammers, even though both enable unlimited editing.

... I wonder how they did it.
          Micheal, have you considered contacting them and asking their help?

- Gilboa
          oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
          oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
          oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
          Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
            I second the above.
            Both Fedoraforum and Ubuntuforum seem to use the same software as Phoronix and yet both of them doesn't seem to suffer from spammers, even though both enable unlimited editing.

- Gilboa
            +1
            Big side of the open source concept is this: win in competition isn't about try to kick others out... but provide the best result with shared knowledges.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
              I second the above.

- Gilboa
              It's just a matter of looking up the vBulletin anti-spam plug-ins. It's on my TODO list to do this but alas there's a ton of stuff on that list. If anyone who really hates the time limit wants to do the homework of looking up such plug-ins, you're welcome to.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sadly enough, I know nothing about vbulletin, so I cannot really help...

Thanks for the update.

- Gilboa
                oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Add me to the list of people miffed by the 1m limit. Seems a bit pointless even having an edit button as it stands.

Comment

if you going to keep an edit limit, then why not mandatory preview? but raise edit limit to at least 10 too

edit...
                    crap could not edit this time is oveR#%#$%@...

Comment

Originally posted by that guy View Post
                      Or even completely remove the limit if the user has posted at least 20 comments. If a bot has already successfully spammed 20 times, they obviously don't care about edit limit.
                      Listen to that guy

seriously, he speaks the truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X