Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ban Qaridium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ban Qaridium

    Can't make comprehensible posts, threadjacking, etc.
    35
    Yes, please turn it off
    37.14%
    13
    No, it's okay
    37.14%
    13
    Who?
    25.71%
    9

    The poll is expired.


  • #2
    I'm more of a lurker here than anything but I'd definitely sign off on that...

    Comment


    • #3
      im not particularly sure if this thread is noteworthy. Generally speaking, if you have a problem with something or someone on a specific site you talk to a mod or admin.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey relax guys...Qaridarium's pretty chill and note that English is not his main language...he's German I believe.

        He may be a bit of a rambler, but that's the only bad thing I'd noticed

        Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
        im not particularly sure if this thread is noteworthy. Generally speaking, if you have a problem with something or someone on a specific site you talk to a mod or admin.
        Exactly. No need to create drama, but if there's ever a problem with a user just either put on ignore or report to a mod.
        Last edited by DeepDayze; 12-11-2009, 03:44 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Weird, I've just registered to the forums (which I read daily, although I only read the Open-Source AMD/ATI section) to make a thread asking for him to get banned because he's trolling just about every thread with incomprehensible ramblings and personal attacks, and while pondering which forum to create that thread in I've found this thread. So either great minds think alike or that Qaridarium guy is becoming so much of a problem that people feel compelled to act.

          Anyway, I have obviously voted Yes to this poll.

          @DeepDayze: bad English doesn't make you type eight periods in a row, or five question marks or six commas and still omit to add a period at the end of a phrase or type the first letter in uppercase. Lack of English doesn't turn a normal post into a slinging mudfest filled with personal attacks and bickering.

          My point is this: I used to enjoy reading all threads in the Open-Source AMD/ATI forum, but since he's been spamming the forums that guy makes reading threads much more difficult. He doesn't contribute anything but noise.

          Comment


          • #6
            Do you want to ban who? Qaridarium or Qaridium? I read some Qaridarium posts and in my opinion he's definitely not a troll. I believe some people are just missing what he's doing :>

            I'd vote to ban Kebabbert who's real troll and who's cross-posting. However, he's a "Phoronix member", so maybe "untouchable" one?

            Comment


            • #7
              Comeon guys, Qaridarium is a great guy! Yes, he rambles a lot and his posts can be difficult to parse but that's part of the fun, is it not?

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm not voting because I neither think he deserves to be banned nor that his behavior is okayish.
                I mean, his style of writing is really kind of awful, but sometimes he still gives some valuable information or brings up an interesting discussion (or flamewar, well...).
                (On the other hand, sometimes his information is just plain wrong although he pretends to be well knowing the truth)

                However, just wondering whether this thread isn't just as much trolling as he sometimes is :/
                Last edited by NeoBrain; 12-29-2009, 11:01 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
                  I'm not voting because I neither think he deserves to be banned nor that his behavior is okayish.
                  I mean, his style of writing is really kind of awful, but sometimes he still gives some valuable information or brings up an interesting discussion (or flamewar, well...).
                  (On the other hand, sometimes his information is just plain wrong although he pretends to be well knowing the truth)

                  However, just wondering whether this thread isn't just as much trolling as he sometimes is :/
                  i didn't vote...but definitely this thread smacks of trolling. Qaridarium does ramble a lot, but he's not a troll. He just sounds like he's wired up on Jolt, lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by that guy View Post
                    My point is this: I used to enjoy reading all threads in the Open-Source AMD/ATI forum, but since he's been spamming the forums that guy makes reading threads much more difficult. He doesn't contribute anything but noise.
                    It's holiday season, the schools are out and he has probably got too much free time at hand right now. Besides there hasn't really been much going on lately on the ATI/AMD OSS 3D side.

                    Let's hope things get back to normal after the holidays .

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X