Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forum colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • forum colors

    Is there a way to change this horrible white-on-grey braindamage color scheme?

  • #2
    No .

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been wanting to get a black-on-white redesign for the forums, but haven't yet gotten around to finding a designer for the forums.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        What about an extra selectable theme? VB supports this out of the box. Here's an example:

        Go to http://www.cpusers.gr/index.php (ignore all the Greek), scroll down to the bottom, and to the bottom left you'll see a drop-down menu. This is the theme selection support of VB.

        The "Tigra" theme works very well (easy to the eye and easy to read stuff) is free:

        http://vbskins.com/theme/tigra.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          What about an extra selectable theme? VB supports this out of the box. Here's an example:

          Go to http://www.cpusers.gr/index.php (ignore all the Greek), scroll down to the bottom, and to the bottom left you'll see a drop-down menu. This is the theme selection support of VB.

          The "Tigra" theme works very well (easy to the eye and easy to read stuff) is free:

          http://vbskins.com/theme/tigra.html
          Oh yes that's neat. But I guess Micheal would want somthing similar to the grey/green color scheme of regular PHORONIX articles et al. Which is ok, as long as it's black on white for the actual text.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I've been wanting to get a black-on-white redesign for the forums, but haven't yet gotten around to finding a designer for the forums.
            I GIVE A SHIT ON THE DESIGN, JUST MAKE IT USABLE!

            http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...06&postcount=5
            http://www.vbulletin.com/features.php

            Quote:
            User Control Panel Features
            User Options
            forum style chooser

            Admin Control Panel Features
            Styling & Templates
            # Ability to create multiple styles which can be applied to different forums and users
            # Ability to upload / download styles and languages
            http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/styles_and_templates

            the forum should not have a problem with different styles...
            WHATS YOUR PROBLEM WITH USER WISHES TO SELECT THE STANDARD DESIGN OF VBULLETIN?

            Comment


            • #7
              You're being impolite. Or rather, extremely rude. I'm annoyed too by the dark theme, but I'M NOT GOING IN ALL CAPS SHOUT WHAT'S YOUR DAMN PROBLEM mode, now am I

              Comment


              • #8
                IM BOTH!

                http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15234
                Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
                dust dust is online now
                Junior Member

                Join Date: Feb 2009
                Posts: 10
                Default change forum color
                how can i get rid of this white on black and revert it to black on white or something else with dark text and bright background?
                THIS IS 9 NINE(!) MONTHS AGO! I CANT BELIVE IT, THAT IT TAKES SO LONG TO JUST LET THE USER SELECT THE STANDARD COLORS OF VBULLETIN IN THE OPTIONS!

                ahhh, i need a designer. a designer is needed. ahhh design, what users want is unimportant, i need a designer. ahhh, design feels so good. ahhh, this sweet design ahhh. give it to me designer, ahhh, ahhh, uhhh, uhhhhh...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, you certainly want to have some kind of corporate design. But it really should be changed asap. Right now, it's an ergonomic train wreck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I dont think its too bad to be honest. There is much much worse out there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Make this a premium advantage:

                      - Save your eyes: Get a normal forum colors scheme that does not kill your eyes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Larrxi View Post
                        Make this a premium advantage:

                        - Save your eyes: Get a normal forum colors scheme that does not kill your eyes.

                        what a bullshit!

                        we are talking in a forum about open source. open source is about freedom, this site talks about freedom and on other side it is just bullshitting freedom!

                        as a result, is this site and michael just a piece of bullshit?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dust View Post
                          what a bullshit!

                          we are talking in a forum about open source. open source is about freedom, this site talks about freedom and on other side it is just bullshitting freedom!

                          as a result, is this site and michael just a piece of bullshit?
                          No, the BS here is you're using a browser that's perfectly capable of applying client-side CSS, yet you won't lift a finger yourself to fix this nonexistent problem.

                          Shoo.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
                            No, the BS here is you're using a browser that's perfectly capable of applying client-side CSS, yet you won't lift a finger yourself to fix this nonexistent problem.

                            Shoo.
                            Not ALL of us web designers. So if you have a style script whatever thingy, please post it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There's a plugin to Chrome called Change colors. It works

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X