Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access by OS to this site

Hello,

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to get a nice little graph to show the different OSs used by people visitng phoronix?

Thanks

Linux: 47.4%
    Windows: 41.3%
    Macintosh: 7.9%
    Unknown: 2.6%
    BSD: 0.2%
    Solaris: 0.1%
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

"Windows: 41.3%" is rather... intriguing,

Comment

That might be me
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          "Windows: 41.3%" is rather... intriguing,
          Actually, up until like a year or so ago, the Windows users count was actually at like 48%.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            That might be me
            Dominating the server statistics with a dial-up connection would qualify for a Guinness record

Seriously though, what on earth are Windows people doing in here? Yes, there's some trolling going around but 40+%?

Comment

People at work I'd guess..

Comment

So many? :P

Comment

Seriously though, what on earth are Windows people doing in here? Yes, there's some trolling going around but 40+%?
                  People looking for Heroes of Newerth keys?
                  Seriously though, not nearly all people are single-OS fanatics.

Comment

Dominating the server statistics with a dial-up connection would qualify for a Guinness record

I'm on Windows, taking a break from Linux until the graphics situation settles down a bit. Also, I'm taking a CS course taught in C# and the instructor wants Visual Studio project folders turned in. Also, last time I seriously tried Xilinx development on Linux, it was a mess (I hear they have libusb cable drivers now, which would eliminate 90% of the problem).

By the way, how do we know that the Windows percentage doesn't include a ton of ReactOS users?

Comment

Working...
                    X