Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by stan View Post
    Ubuntu's official position is to discourage people from buying Macs because of the nightmare it is to support them.
    False claim. Ubuntu discourages people from buying Macs because they don't want to support PowerPC.

    Comment


    • #12
      if different linux distributions will be tested, it would be interesting to test something else than the major ones, like Arch Linux, for example.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        False claim. Ubuntu discourages people from buying Macs because they don't want to support PowerPC.
        Well, good for them, because Snow Leopard doesn't support PowerPC either.

        Very interested in this benchmark as I am upgrading my Mac to Snow Leopard this weekend.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
          Well, good for them, because Snow Leopard doesn't support PowerPC either.
          I was naturally referring to classic Mac's there. Modern Mac's should be pretty much the same as x86 except that they apparently have some validation hardware that allows them to run OSX as is. (or so I've been told)
          Any modern Linux or Windows should run fine on them.

          Comment


          • #15
            Try to test CPU usage for HD video

            Michael, apparently Snow Leopard includes some hardware acceleration for H264 videos, so if you could get some graphs showing processor usage between 10.5 and 10.6 that would be great.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
              Michael, apparently Snow Leopard includes some hardware acceleration for H264 videos, so if you could get some graphs showing processor usage between 10.5 and 10.6 that would be great.
              Is it exposed through the CoreVideo interface and not anything specific to QuickTime X? If so, it's already covered in the tests, as there is video-cpu-usage monitoring already in there with the CoreVideo output adapter through MPlayer.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment

              Working...
              X