Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win $500 USD From Phoronix, Take Our Survey

Phoronix: Win $500 USD From Phoronix, Take Our Survey

IDG TechNetwork, our advertising partner for Phoronix, is running a site survey for us where you can win $500 USD. This survey should just take a matter of minutes and asks about your reading habits on Phoronix, what you would like to see, your job roles, how you interact with advertisements, etc. The results of this survey are used by IDG to help pull in new -- and relevant -- advertisers on Phoronix...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

US and Canada only :-(

Comment

Yeah... You should mention that this is US/Canada only on the news post right away, it's not very fair to bury this (I went to see the rules exactly because I expected it to be this way, unfortunately...).

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
        Yeah... You should mention that this is US/Canada only on the news post right away, it's not very fair to bury this (I went to see the rules exactly because I expected it to be this way, unfortunately...).
        I didn't know this myself, but will update the post.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
          US and Canada only :-(
          I agree, it's unfortunate. I don't think my (and anyone else') clicks on the adverts are less worth then those from US or Canada.

Comment

When I make purchasing decisions, I don't look to little annoying .gif files on web pages, I look at reviews, benchmarks, and whether or not the vendor pisses me off.

There were some questions they should have asked in that survey that they did not.

Comment

Yeah, it seemed to equate more ads with more sales

I use adblock, so even though I'm outside the US I took the survey to make up for all the ads I miss

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
                I use adblock, so even though I'm outside the US I took the survey to make up for all the ads I miss
                Or you could just whitelist Phoronix.com in AdBlock
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bobrik View Post
                  I agree, it's unfortunate. I don't think my (and anyone else') clicks on the adverts are less worth then those from US or Canada.
                  Exactly, there is no good reason for "US & Canada" only. When I see these things, I'm glad to say THANKS to the adblock plugin author.

Comment

Adblock

I'm using AdBlock too. I hoped that in the survey I could say phoronix really sucks without AdBlock, but of course, no such option, so I decided to not submit the survey either.

There are lots of technological sites that don't have the stupid annoying ads phoronix has. I still like the articles on phoronix, but that's really it. So if phoronix will mess up article content too, I guess there's not much here for people to go to anymore.
                    Regards,

Michael

Comment

Working...
                    X