Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Relaunch!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phoronix Relaunch!

    After discussing it over with David and the other editors, we have determined that a relaunch of Phoronix.com is in store for later this year! Most notably, to accompany PHXCMS-6 (our next in-house content management system), we will be redoing the site theme/layout from scratch. In addition, we are looking at expanding into some additional news sections, blogs, and other areas of content after picking up a few more writers. Eventually we may even branch into FreeBSD and Solaris hardware reviews! We're also working on ways to improve the forums and drive new areas of interest.

    However, before we get too far into the design stages, we want to hear from the community as to what you would like to see in our next site layout/theme as well as other types of content you would like to see. Thanks and we look forward to evaluating your responses!
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

  • #2
    Yes, switch to PunBB or some other Open Source forum, .png images only and more hardware reviews!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
      Yes, switch to PunBB or some other Open Source forum, .png images only and more hardware reviews!
      Actually, I am working on writing a new forum package -- some very basic and preliminary information: http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=77

      With the new imaging system, ALL (including past) image reviews should be PNG actually

      More suggestions welcome.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        a handy hints section? Trivial things like how to get extra mouse buttons working etc. Macro keys on G15, that kinda of stuff.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Moustacha View Post
          a handy hints section? Trivial things like how to get extra mouse buttons working etc. Macro keys on G15, that kinda of stuff.

          Great idea! We'll definitely consider this for the new site (and likely carry it out).
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            I think it would be nice if the hardware compatibility section got a more 'official' bump. Like your hardware reviews would be linked to relevant hardware in the compatibility section as well as workarounds and solutions known.

            Comment


            • #7
              I like the site, I'm here almost daily. The only thing that gets me after a while is white text on top of a dark back ground. My eyes aren't what they used to be, there's easier things to look at.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
                I like the site, I'm here almost daily. The only thing that gets me after a while is white text on top of a dark back ground. My eyes aren't what they used to be, there's easier things to look at.
                The new revision will feature a white (or light gray) background with black text
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh noes! Time for me to watch this site with my sunglasses on, I guess!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
                    Oh noes! Time for me to watch this site with my sunglasses on, I guess!
                    Who says we won't allow multiple CSS styles
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X