Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't run 3d tests on Opensuse 11.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't run 3d tests on Opensuse 11.0

    Trying to run doom3-test on my system leads to the following feedback:


    ######################################
    Doom 3:
    Resolution: 1024 x 768 - Quality: High


    Average: 0.00 Frames Per Second
    ######################################

    PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_graphics.php on line 493


    ... same result with every resolution- or quality-setting

    System
    Opensuse 11.0 x86_64 - Core 2 Quad CPU
    with latest repository-install of php
    using ati radeon driver x1550 with 3d acceleration enabled in sax2

    What might be missing?
    thx for help
    Last edited by sysop74; 09-30-2008, 12:10 PM.

  • #2
    Which version of the suite are you running? git or 1.2.2. Also is it on all 3d benches or just doom3?

    Comment


    • #3
      And did you copy over the Doom 3 pk3 files, since Doom 3 is a retail game?
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello,

        the version is 1.2.2

        I just only ran install doom3, then run ... Is it so that I have to own doom3 and the other 3D games? That's sad. Didn't know how it was meant to be working at all...

        Is there no implementation for Full-Spectrum Warrior - which is free afaik?

        Never mind, the phoronix-benchmarks I've seen until now are enough to peel off the (mad) onion's skin ;-)

        It's just more fun than running bonnie

        Now I've been doing an install-all and will run some tests later, as soon everything is downloaded.

        The message appeared in a Java-Suite run as well. (at the moment the machine is downloading - I don't want to break that)
        I'll submit the name of the exact test as soon as I re-ran that suite. I just thought that someone maybe knew the problem ...

        thx for the replies
        Last edited by sysop74; 10-01-2008, 02:02 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not aware of a linux version of Full-Spectrum Warrior thus why it is not in PTS.

          For the java suite make sure you have icetea packages installed on your system.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes

            My mistake

            ... sorry I mixed up FSWarrior with America's Army --- AND I found the different suites for gaming and gaming-free.

            (scratch the remark)

            That's what happens if you're benchmarking too much the day before :-)

            ----

            The testing-machine is meant to be a server for virtualisation. (3D Gaming is not what will be running on it 'often'...)

            THX for the tip on java. Icetea is not in the repositories for Opensuse 11.0. Maybe that's the reason...

            Has anyone an idea of how to build a virtualisation benchmark? I don't really want to use vmmark buying 23 licences... from redmond

            ----

            For testing I want to run as many test with the machine as I can get. Therefore I started downloading yesterday a complete install. After 8 hours there are all the commercial-games tests on the machine. Maybe I could have excluded them from the total download somehow.
            Last edited by sysop74; 10-01-2008, 02:03 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sysop74 View Post
              Thx for the tip on java. Icetea is not in the repositories for Opensuse 11.0. Maybe that's the reason...

              Sorry, just realize my typo in the previous post it's icedtea not icetea.

              Icedtea is in the repo's for opensuse (not on the DVD's though). Enable the OSS and non-OSS repos in Yast--->Software--->repositories.

              Comment


              • #8
                found icedtea

                You don't want to know what kind of package 'icetea' is ... (laugh)
                :-)

                OK icedtea is installed v. 1.7.0

                1. java: The message reports: You don't seem to have sun server JVM installed - Performance may suffer

                Minor Question: Which server is meant? - Do I have to get that from Sun directly?


                2. 3D: 'run nexuiz' Message: 'No protocol specified' : still there are no results

                --------------------------
                After a reboot the php-error mentioned above seems to be gone ... Thank you!
                --------------------------

                'nexuiz' itself is installed on the system and works fine. To test if it would run on the system at all, I installed it entirely.
                Last edited by sysop74; 10-01-2008, 02:59 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sysop74 View Post
                  You don't want to know what kind of package 'icetea' is ... (laugh)
                  :-)

                  OK icedtea is installed v. 1.7.0

                  1. java: The message reports: You don't seem to have sun server JVM installed - Performance may suffer

                  Minor Question: Which server is meant? - Do I have to get that from Sun directly?


                  2. 3D: 'run nexuiz' Message: 'No protocol specified' : still there are no results

                  --------------------------
                  After a reboot the php-error mentioned above seems to be gone ... Thank you!
                  --------------------------

                  'nexuiz' itself is installed on the system and works fine. To test if it would run on the system at all, I installed it entirely.
                  The java message is safe to ignore, in fact icedtea offers better performance.

                  2. The no protocol error message requires a work around until it can be isolated to what is causing it. If you enter into terminal and type xhost +local: it should work for you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    php again

                    OK
                    It's php again

                    PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_graphics.php on line 493

                    I can't create an xml - report
                    Sorry but it worked in the beginning now it doesn't ...
                    The browser shows jibberish in the test results
                    ----

                    3d now works with 'xhost local:'

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sysop74 View Post
                      OK
                      It's php again

                      PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_graphics.php on line 493

                      I can't create an xml - report
                      Sorry but it worked in the beginning now it doesn't ...
                      The browser shows jibberish in the test results
                      ----

                      3d now works with 'xhost local:'
                      That PHP notice shouldn't have caused any problems. That notice just deals with graphics card detection, but it should be fixed in git.
                      Michael Larabel
                      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        That PHP notice shouldn't have caused any problems. That notice just deals with graphics card detection, but it should be fixed in git.
                        OK The Browser just can't put together the results saved into the result folder. With the first three tests I ran this worked fine ... Don't know why it doesn't now

                        I guess the case can be cosed

                        Alotta Thanx for the work
                        and thanx for the benchmark :-)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sysop74 View Post
                          OK The Browser just can't put together the results saved into the result folder. With the first three tests I ran this worked fine ... Don't know why it doesn't now

                          I guess the case can be cosed

                          Alotta Thanx for the work
                          and thanx for the benchmark :-)
                          Is trying to open the results in Konqeror?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes,

                            there is a result folder after a benchmark run. Inside there are several files.

                            I don't get no .xli file that then shows the result-information within the green-layoutet browser site. The result tables as graphics are there aswell.

                            I guess this is a php problem during the generation of the results page. Just as if it could't put together the pieces.

                            Konqueror and Firefox

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Firefox should work, Konq has issues with it though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X