Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caffe AlexNet Deep Learning Benchmark Added

Phoronix: Caffe AlexNet Deep Learning Benchmark Added

In addition to adding some new OpenCL / CUDA tests this week to the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org, Caffe was added too as a deep learning benchmark...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wonderful direction and expansion for the Phoronix Test Suite.
    Please do keep expanding including adding TensorFlow and robot simulators such as Gazebo.
    Simulation Driven Robotics. Iterate quickly on design concepts and control strategies with Gazebo's rich suite of tools, libraries, and cloud services.

http://wiki.ros.org/stdr_simulator

And please also add benchmarks with standardized set of data such as used in AI research.
    For maximum reproducibility.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
      Wonderful direction and expansion for the Phoronix Test Suite.
      Please do keep expanding including adding TensorFlow and robot simulators such as Gazebo.
      Simulation Driven Robotics. Iterate quickly on design concepts and control strategies with Gazebo's rich suite of tools, libraries, and cloud services.

http://wiki.ros.org/stdr_simulator

And please also add benchmarks with standardized set of data such as used in AI research.
      For maximum reproducibility.
      Unfortunately not really familiar with those projects, so unlikely to see them added unless there's either a commercial contract where I'm asked to add them or if someone is able to provide a bash script for setting them up / testing. Or at least some clear, easy to understand documentation for setting it up and running tests.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I see. It's understandable you are short on time.
        These are just programs like any other if there is enough interest the community will probably come up with a nice bash script.
        I'm sure someone will come up with the necessary scripts if Gazebo or other programs become useful, mainstream, popular enough.

Fun facts about Gazebo.

It's slogan is Robot Simulation made easy.

Command Line Tools

Extensive command line tools facilitate simulation introspection and control.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
          I see. It's understandable you are short on time.
          These are just programs like any other if there is enough interest the community will probably come up with a nice bash script.
          I'm sure someone will come up with the necessary scripts if Gazebo or other programs become useful, mainstream, popular enough.

Fun facts about Gazebo.

It's slogan is Robot Simulation made easy.

Okay, yeah. If you happen to come across any scripts or step-by-step documentation, please ping me. Certainly wanting to add more tests, but yeah aside from lack of time when the application isn't part of my domain expertise, etc, it's hard to come up with an effective test.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Also keep an eye on Torch. That's another very popular deep learning framework.
            Torch is a scientific computing framework for LuaJIT.

Careful with search engines. These return results for Torch browser which could be malware.

Comment

Only CPU/CUDA option? Missing OpenCL-Caffe ?

Comment

Working...
              X