Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 0.6.0 Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 0.6.0 Released

For those of you interested in trying out new open-source software this weekend, Phoronix Test Suite 0.6.0 has been released with an arsenal of new features for this Linux benchmarking platform. There are new and updated profiles with this release, new test suites, support for backing up downloaded tests, and much more. Since Phoronix Test Suite 0.5.0 are 48 official changes in the past week, which reinforces our plans on having a 1.0 release ready by early June.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Discussion & collaboration on the Phoronix Test Suite software and specification.

Comment

Just noticed this post just now, sorry. From the MP3 to WAV encoding process, the time was stretched out by 50% in order to make the file longer. Still wish I could find a better free wav file...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Just noticed this post just now, sorry. From the MP3 to WAV encoding process, the time was stretched out by 50% in order to make the file longer. Still wish I could find a better free wav file...
        Michael, Nine Inch Nails released their latest albumn under the creative commons attribution-non-commercial-share alike license. They have the album available in many formats including 24/96 wave. This license would allow it to be redistributed with the suite.

"we encourage you to remix it share it with your friends, post it on your blog, play it on your podcast, give it to strangers, etc."

Comment

yep that nine inch nail album is the best idea I think. If it's not long enough stitch two tracks together.

Also I'd like to know how you upload results and have the "uploaded by" comment to display your user name.

And when is the search going to work? Since this would be really useful.

Thanks,
          Brendan

Comment

First you need to register with PTS Global using the create account panel on the left of the results page.

To configure your account in your copy of PTS, run:
            Code:
            ./phoronox-test-suite login
            and enter the details required.

After that all uploaded results will be linked to your account.

To actually upload the results, this can be done automatically after you finish running a test, or you can manually upload results using:
            Code:
            ./phoronix-test-suite upload

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Then I guess you didn't notice this one, either: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...35&postcount=9
              Just use Nine Inch Nail's Ghosts I-IV or The Slip. And PLEASE, don't transcode from FLAC to MP3 and back to WAV.

Comment

Cheers, I'll be trying that in a little bit then ;-)

Thanks,
                Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by lordmozilla View Post
                  Cheers, I'll be trying that in a little bit then ;-)

Thanks,
                  Brendan

Just noticed nine inch nails is sharealike, which is incompatible with GPL V3... not going to work

Comment

Originally posted by apaige View Post
                    Then I guess you didn't notice this one, either: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...35&postcount=9
                    Just use Nine Inch Nail's Ghosts I-IV or The Slip. And PLEASE, don't transcode from FLAC to MP3 and back to WAV.
                    I noticed the original post, but the problem was that usually I check out a new post/thread within 2~5 minutes of it being posted... So I didn't notice your edit where you appended the info. Anyways, I am uploading one of the NIN WAV files right now.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X