ACPI & Power saving tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACPI & Power saving tests

Well, I was writing to ask for a test profile for Linux ACPI.
    But in the meantime I found this:
    This website is for sale! lesswatts.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, lesswatts.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Exactly what I was asking for! I thought of posting this as a reference for others looking for power management tests. Also, by posting this here I hope it gains a wider audience and someone with more knowledge than myself gets to write a PTS test profile for this ACPI test tool.

Also they use git for versioning:
    This website is for sale! lesswatts.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, lesswatts.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Alas, I found no word on licensing...

They also provide other power-related tests:
    * battery life,
    * power profiling for applications (by a tool called powerTOP)
    An idea I like a lot (http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/ap...ed-devices.php):
    <<Unused Devices Should Not Be Kept Open The Linux kernel often uses device being open to indicate that a device is in use, for devices like sound controller. If the application leaves a device open, even when the device is not being actively used, the kernel will assume that the device is in use. As a result, the device will not go into power saving state. Applications should close the device when they are not being used. >>
Working...
X