Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Hardware Enthusiasts: Win Some $100 Amazon Gift Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linux Hardware Enthusiasts: Win Some $100 Amazon Gift Cards

    Phoronix: Linux Hardware Enthusiasts: Win Some $100 Amazon Gift Cards

    In celebration of last week's Phoronix Test Suite 5.0-Plavsk release we are giving away several $100 Amazon gift cards to Linux users...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYzMjY

  • #2
    Is this US only or worldwide?

    Comment


    • #3
      How winner will be selected? Random draw?

      Comment


      • #4
        Yep.
        I take number 9 !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TAXI View Post
          Is this US only or worldwide?
          same question

          Comment


          • #6
            I like the idea behind this. I don't do that social media stuff however, so I'm unable to participate.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by arekm View Post
              How winner will be selected? Random draw?
              Yes, random.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                Is this US only or worldwide?
                I am applying no restrictions, so as long as youre able to use amazon gift card in your region. It's delivered via email.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  I forgot my OpenBenchmarking.org user name.

                  Is there any way to see what my user name is?? Or do I just need to make a new account with a different email address name?
                  Last edited by castlefox; 03-17-2014, 12:17 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                    I like the idea behind this. I don't do that social media stuff however, so I'm unable to participate.
                    Same here. I'm confused and a bit disappointed as to why it's needed (wouldn't forums be enough?). I don't use any social websites and if everything goes well I never will. I'm sure there are more people like us.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can't enter the prize draw.

                      Ubuntu 13.04 32bits with nvidia optimus, tested a lot of options, all fail.

                      Code:
                      phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/doom3
                      Doom 3 1.3.1:
                          pts/doom3-1.1.0 [Resolution: 1024 x 768 - Quality: Low]
                          Test 1 of 1
                          Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                          Estimated Time To Completion: 4 Minutes
                              Started Run 1 @ 13:53:53
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              Started Run 2 @ 13:53:55
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              Started Run 3 @ 13:53:57
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              E: Sys_Error: Couldn't load default.cfg
                      Code:
                      phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/video-cpu-usage
                      [PROBLEM] pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0 is not installed.
                      Code:
                      phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/supertuxkart
                      SuperTuxKart 0.8.1:
                          pts/supertuxkart-1.2.1 [Resolution: 1920 x 1080]
                          Test 1 of 1
                          Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                          Estimated Time To Completion: 7 Minutes
                              Started Run 1 @ 13:09:21
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              Started Run 2 @ 13:09:23
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              Started Run 3 @ 13:09:25
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              E: ./supertuxkart: 3: ./supertuxkart: ./bin/supertuxkart: not found
                      Code:
                      primusrun phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/tf2
                      Team Fortress 2:
                          pts/tf2-1.0.1 [Resolution: 1920 x 1080]
                          Test 1 of 1
                          Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                          Estimated Time To Completion: 8 Minutes
                              Started Run 1 @ 13:06:24
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              Started Run 2 @ 13:06:30
                              The test run did not produce a result.
                              Started Run 3 @ 13:06:36
                              The test run did not produce a result.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by castlefox View Post
                        I forgot my OpenBenchmarking.org user name.

                        Is there any way to see what my user name is?? Or do I just need to make a new account with a different email address name?
                        Did you hit the forgot password link at OB?
                        Michael Larabel
                        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                          Same here. I'm confused and a bit disappointed as to why it's needed (wouldn't forums be enough?). I don't use any social websites and if everything goes well I never will. I'm sure there are more people like us.
                          By posting to social networks you end up promoting your benchmark results and in turn PTS/OB, to gain broader coverage/exposure of PTS.
                          Michael Larabel
                          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vitorgatti View Post
                            Can't enter the prize draw.

                            Ubuntu 13.04 32bits with nvidia optimus, tested a lot of options, all fail.

                            Code:
                            phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/doom3
                            Doom 3 1.3.1:
                                pts/doom3-1.1.0 [Resolution: 1024 x 768 - Quality: Low]
                                Test 1 of 1
                                Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                                Estimated Time To Completion: 4 Minutes
                                    Started Run 1 @ 13:53:53
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    Started Run 2 @ 13:53:55
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    Started Run 3 @ 13:53:57
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    E: Sys_Error: Couldn't load default.cfg
                            Code:
                            phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/video-cpu-usage
                            [PROBLEM] pts/video-cpu-usage-1.1.0 is not installed.
                            Code:
                            phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/supertuxkart
                            SuperTuxKart 0.8.1:
                                pts/supertuxkart-1.2.1 [Resolution: 1920 x 1080]
                                Test 1 of 1
                                Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                                Estimated Time To Completion: 7 Minutes
                                    Started Run 1 @ 13:09:21
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    Started Run 2 @ 13:09:23
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    Started Run 3 @ 13:09:25
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    E: ./supertuxkart: 3: ./supertuxkart: ./bin/supertuxkart: not found
                            Code:
                            primusrun phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/tf2
                            Team Fortress 2:
                                pts/tf2-1.0.1 [Resolution: 1920 x 1080]
                                Test 1 of 1
                                Estimated Trial Run Count:    3
                                Estimated Time To Completion: 8 Minutes
                                    Started Run 1 @ 13:06:24
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    Started Run 2 @ 13:06:30
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                                    Started Run 3 @ 13:06:36
                                    The test run did not produce a result.
                            Just picked a bad selection of tests...

                            - Doom 3 depends upon the game retail files.
                            - Team Fortress 2 depends upon Steam (See my many articles about it).
                            - Super Tux Kart isn't the best test in the world.
                            Michael Larabel
                            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Done

                              Posted 3 testes in 3 networks(actually 4 as in twitter I post ligtmark with and without kwin). Hope to win some

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X