Linux Hardware Enthusiasts: Win Some $100 Amazon Gift Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Did you hit the forgot password link at OB?
    Yes. And then it says "The supplied user-name and e-mail did not match for resetting the account password."

So.... now I dont know what to do. I never get an email resetting my password or telling me what my user name is.

Comment

Is there a reason you're insisting on 32bit versions of libraries & programs? It's resulting in a lot of additional package installations that don't seem entirely necessary. Besides which I think there would be some arguments for a 64bit/32bit play off.

Comment

Originally posted by Garp View Post
        Is there a reason you're insisting on 32bit versions of libraries & programs? It's resulting in a lot of additional package installations that don't seem entirely necessary. Besides which I think there would be some arguments for a 64bit/32bit play off.
        Huh? There's no 32-bit requirement... The only time 32-bit packages are being called upon from a 64-bit environment is for tests that require certain 32-bit libraries, which mostly come down to some older Linux games.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Huh? There's no 32-bit requirement... The only time 32-bit packages are being called upon from a 64-bit environment is for tests that require certain 32-bit libraries, which mostly come down to some older Linux games.
          When I first run pts/gaming it grabs around 65 32bit packages. It also goes on to try and run etqw.x86 instead of etqw, which required me to go off and grab libsdl1.2debian:i386 and libjpeg62:i386 in addition, as they hadn't been installed. etqw was basically ready-to-run.

Comment

Originally posted by Garp View Post
            When I first run pts/gaming it grabs around 65 32bit packages. It also goes on to try and run etqw.x86 instead of etqw, which required me to go off and grab libsdl1.2debian:i386 and libjpeg62:i386 in addition, as they hadn't been installed. etqw was basically ready-to-run.
            That would be with trying to fetch all the packages previously supplied by ia32-libs as the easy replacement for the older games, such as ETQW. Some games might not require all those packages but that's the common target without having a better way to fetch all the precise dependencies without manually checking each of them. Again, if you're dealing with the other game tests that are proper x86_64, the files aren't needed.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

So what is the result?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
                So what is the result?
                As mentioned in the other thread, the winners have been contacted / being contacted (still waiting to hear back from two of the winners). (The names just aren't being mentioned publicly since in at least one instance a winner was using his work computers for benchmarking and didn't want employer to know he was using their servers for personal gain.)
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                X