Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTS Desktop Live soon

Hi everybody

Firts post here, my apologize if I forgot some obvious rules (I put some details in my profile)

I discovered PTS very recently, searching a tool to "automatisate" benchs up to compare future new servers for my company (ATOS Worldline, SECLIN site), with the target "best performance/watt"

And the "PTS Desktop Live" distribution seems a "must" for this

I am testing the 2010 version, but very impatient to see the next one !!

Thanks for Michael's job and for this forum

Best regards,

Serge

Comment

Originally posted by serguai59 View Post
      Hi everybody

Firts post here, my apologize if I forgot some obvious rules (I put some details in my profile)

I discovered PTS very recently, searching a tool to "automatisate" benchs up to compare future new servers for my company (ATOS Worldline, SECLIN site), with the target "best performance/watt"

And the "PTS Desktop Live" distribution seems a "must" for this

I am testing the 2010 version, but very impatient to see the next one !!

Thanks for Michael's job and for this forum

Best regards,

Serge
      The 2010 version of the Phoronix Test Suite is very outdated. I still hope to get a new PTS Desktop Live out soon but alas my time is limited and still would like to polish up the new user-interface better before releasing it... In the meantime I would suggest using any Live CD (e.g. Ubuntu) and then simply running the latest version of Phoronix Test Suite (5.0) from there.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

PTS Desktop Live soon

Hi

For sure, a live linux CD with embedded "phoronix test" suite could to the trick : I just never built an ISO with bootable linux image containing in addition a specific software as PTS, but Google is our friend anyway ...

Thanks a lot

Serge

Comment

Working...
        X