Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove a one configuration's single test result from a result file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove a one configuration's single test result from a result file?

Hello,
    I'm on PTS 4.4.0m3 - currently not quite following phorogit - so I'm not sure if this was addressed in more recent version.
    Is it possible to remove a single test's result for s single configuration from inside a result file? I mean, other than hand-editing the xml file.
    If hand-editing is (currently) the only way, what else do I need to do after removing the relevant section from the xml file? I assume I have to update-graphs at minimum, anything else?

Originally posted by myxal View Post
    Hello,
    I'm on PTS 4.4.0m3 - currently not quite following phorogit - so I'm not sure if this was addressed in more recent version.
    Is it possible to remove a single test's result for s single configuration from inside a result file? I mean, other than hand-editing the xml file.
    If hand-editing is (currently) the only way, what else do I need to do after removing the relevant section from the xml file? I assume I have to update-graphs at minimum, anything else?
    Going back a long time there's been the "remove-from-result-file" sub-command that should take care of it.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Going back a long time there's been the "remove-from-result-file" sub-command that should take care of it.
      When I do this, PTS asks ne select a "test run" and offers me the list of configurations used during the test. The problem is, when I select one, PTS deletes results for all test profiles for that configuration.
      Can I delete just 1 profile's result for a given configuration?

For example, let's say I've benchmarked build-apache, build-php and build-imagemagick, each under 3 different configurations (conf[1-3]) and put everything into single result file. I want to remove the result of build-php performed under conf2, but keep conf2's results for build-imagemagick and build-apache. With remove-from-result-file, the other 2 results are also deleted, but I want to keep them. Is this possible?

Comment

When I do this, PTS asks ne select a "test run" and offers me the list of configurations used during the test. The problem is, when I select one, PTS deletes results for all test profiles for that configuration.
        Can I delete just 1 profile's result for a given configuration?

For example, let's say I've benchmarked build-apache, build-php and build-imagemagick, each under 3 different configurations (conf[1-3]) and put everything into single result file. I want to remove the result of build-php performed under conf2, but keep conf2's results for build-imagemagick and build-apache. With remove-from-result-file, the other 2 results are also deleted, but I want to keep them. Is this possible?
        Unfortunately there isn't an easy way right now to do that besides manually deleting the relevant part of the XML file. It's assumed right now that if you want that result's runs you want all of its tests.

It'd be rather trivial to add support for removing just a particular run, but I haven't thought of a nice way to do so: aside from just presenting two text lists. Ideas?
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Do you mean the user interface? I'd suggest asking another question after asking for configuration, something like:
          Code:
          Enter the name of the run you wish to remove, or leave blank to remove all runs:___
          List of runs present for configuration <conf>:
          <run1>
          <run2>
          <run3>
          That, or possibly swap the question/list parts.

Comment

Michael, one more thing about removing things from result files - when I say yes to "Do you want to view the results..?", PTS opens XCode (viewing the results from PTS after a benchmark opens the browser, as I'd expect. Are you doing something different here - opening composite.xml, rather than index.html?

Comment

Michael, one more thing about removing things from result files - when I say yes to "Do you want to view the results..?", PTS opens XCode (viewing the results from PTS after a benchmark opens the browser, as I'd expect. Are you doing something different here - opening composite.xml, rather than index.html?
              When you are opening normal results after running a test, does it open in the correct browser?
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Yes, when I run benchmark, it opens the default browser.

Comment

Yes, when I run benchmark, it opens the default browser.
                  This issue should be fixed for PTS 4.6.1, thanks. It was just committed to Git.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                  X