Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct use of the finish-run command?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Correct use of the finish-run command?

    Hello,

    I'm running the Phoronix Test Suite on an ARM board from Texas Instruments. I'm using the 2.8.0 Beta 1 version.

    I created a "universe-multiarch" testsuite consisting of tests which I could expect to run on my board.

    I ran "phoronix-test-suite run universe-multiarch", and I gave it the name "omap4430sdpL247" name.

    A test crashed the machine by triggering the Out Of Memory Killer.

    I'm trying the finish the run and run the remaining tests as follows:
    phoronix-test-suite finish-run omap4430sdpL247

    ... but the command says:
    ERROR: the name of a test result file must be entered.

    There is a ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/omap4430sdpl247/
    directory though. "L" in the name got converted to lower case,
    but even when using a lowercase test name, I get the same error.

    I am using the command in a wrong way?

    Thanks,

    Michael.

  • #2
    The finish-run command is used if a run successfully completed but some test results may be missing. The recover-run command is what you want to use since you're recovering an existing run. Let me know if it works when trying recover-run.

    Also, once your testing is done, I'd be happy to pull a universe-multiarch suite upstream.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Michael,

      Thanks for the very quick answer!

      Originally posted by Michael View Post
      The finish-run command is used if a run successfully completed but some test results may be missing. The recover-run command is what you want to use since you're recovering an existing run. Let me know if it works when trying recover-run.
      Well, at least it allowed me to uncover a small typo. If I call it with the name in the original case, I get:

      ERROR: no test result was found found

      (obvious typo in pts-core/options/recover_run.php)

      Now, with the right, lowercase name, I get:
      The system software does not match that of the recovered test run.

      There might be a bug in the software here, because I think that the hardware hasn't changed.

      I'll forward the test results directory to you in a separate e-mail.

      Thanks again,

      Cheers,

      Michael.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, check your email. In 2.8.0 a2 I think there was the regression with the Phodevi system information API that would cause the data to mismatch. While since fixed upstream, the easy workaround for your current test result data should just be to comment out that return false; line in recover_run.php.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Yeah, check your email. In 2.8.0 a2 I think there was the regression with the Phodevi system information API that would cause the data to mismatch. While since fixed upstream, the easy workaround for your current test result data should just be to comment out that return false; line in recover_run.php.
          Hi Michael,

          Thanks for the work-around. Recovering works now.

          How could I clone your git tree to always run the latest version if I want to?

          Even on http://phorogit.com/, I couldn't find a valid git:// or http:// I could use to clone your tree.

          Thanks again,

          Cheers,

          Michael.

          Comment


          • #6
            The Git URL is: http://www.phorogit.com/repo/phoronix-test-suite.git
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Hi Michael,

              There seems to be an issue with the git server today:

              git clone http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/r...test-suite.git
              Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mike/tmp/phoronix/phoronix-test-suite/.git/
              fatal: http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/r....git/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

              This worked earlier this week...

              Cheers,

              Michael.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by michaelo View Post
                Hi Michael,

                There seems to be an issue with the git server today:

                git clone http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/r...test-suite.git
                Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mike/tmp/phoronix/phoronix-test-suite/.git/
                fatal: http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/r....git/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

                This worked earlier this week...

                Cheers,

                Michael.
                That was 1 week ago, and I even forgot about this.

                However, the problem is still there. Could you have a look, please?

                That would help to contribute to the releases...

                Thanks,

                Michael.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by michaelo View Post
                  That was 1 week ago, and I even forgot about this.

                  However, the problem is still there. Could you have a look, please?

                  That would help to contribute to the releases...

                  Thanks,

                  Michael.
                  Yeah, the Git hooks aren't updating right so until I manually update after a pull, it doesn't usually reflect in new pulls unless you download a snapshot from the Phorogit.com interface. It's on my TODO list. I've just refreshed the server again.
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X