Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoromatic Gets Valentine's Day Improvements

Phoronix: Phoromatic Gets Valentine's Day Improvements

One of the most common areas of feedback on Phoronix and also by those using the Phoronix Test Suite has been over the graphs that show our test / benchmark results. They're simple yet effective, however, as of late more parties have become interested in having these graphs display greater detail about the test results and other information...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Popups show on Firefox, but no on Chrome

The popups show fine on Firefox, but not on Chrome.

I don't know if this is Chrome having incomplete SVG support, like the announcement implies.

Comment

Originally posted by markus_b View Post

I don't know if this is Chrome having incomplete SVG support, like the announcement implies.
      WebKit is an open source Web content engine for browsers and other applications.

Comment

Thanks for the nice link, unfortunately I'm not expert in SVG implementations and don't know which of the items apply here.

Can you help / be more explicit ?

Comment

Originally posted by markus_b View Post

K, I don't have Chrome on this netbook so basically focused on what to do with Firefox since its SVG support is usually the worst... But it looks like Chrome/WebKit may now properly implement <title> support so v2 of this code (out soon as this afternoon maybe) should support it.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Great, thanks for this feature. The deviation was the last thing I was missing in the graphs.

Comment

Why would you waste time and effort writing another new graphing frontend for the Web that only targets a subset of potential browsers when you could use one of the dozen+ existing cross-browser graphing libraries? Many of them even include support for IE6 through VRML, all without you having to do any extra work. Spit out the data in a simple JSON format, hook up the right JS includes and function calls, and you're done. The wheel's already round and other people have already figured out how to put two of them on an axle...

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                Why would you waste time and effort writing another new graphing frontend for the Web that only targets a subset of potential browsers when you could use one of the dozen+ existing cross-browser graphing libraries? Many of them even include support for IE6 through VRML, all without you having to do any extra work. Spit out the data in a simple JSON format, hook up the right JS includes and function calls, and you're done. The wheel's already round and other people have already figured out how to put two of them on an axle...
                Pts_graph and bilde_renderer are not new but I have been working on them for years in different forms. None of the other open source projects fit my requirements for use by PTS either due to an API I don't like, the graphing component making pts less portable, or other issues...
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                X