Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 Released

Phoronix Media has announced the immediate release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 (codenamed "Lenvik"), as the latest update to their open-source testing framework that delivers immediate and measurable advantages to its customers. The Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 software is compatible with a greater number of operating systems, introduces support for mobile platforms, offers a new range of test profiles, and other features to further solidify its premiere position within the computer benchmarking industry.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=14557

I did not know that today is the 1st april already, the mentioned unigine-heaven profile is a pure joke.

Code:
          unigine-heaven:
                2 Files Needed / 125.33 MB
                Downloading: unigine-heaven-cfg-1.tar.bz2         [0.00MB]
                Downloading ..............................................
                Installation Size: 138 MB
                Installing Test
    Of course this was successfull.... sure.... Better do not mention that profile and delete it until the download really works. Must be really hard to get it, maybe we wait till Nv sells DX11 hardware.

Comment

it's amazing how fast this hit lucid.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lu...ry/004582.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        I did not know that today is the 1st april already, the mentioned unigine-heaven profile is a pure joke.

Code:
              unigine-heaven:
                    2 Files Needed / 125.33 MB
                    Downloading: unigine-heaven-cfg-1.tar.bz2         [0.00MB]
                    Downloading ..............................................
                    Installation Size: 138 MB
                    Installing Test
        Of course this was successfull.... sure.... Better do not mention that profile and delete it until the download really works. Must be really hard to get it, maybe we wait till Nv sells DX11 hardware.
        It all works and has been tested against unreleased copies, just waiting for the final build to be publicly released when the official download link will be dropped in.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Downloading now.

Comment

I will be testing all multi-platform like

Comment

@Michael

Then disable it till you can really use it!

Comment

What's the big deal? I guess one could have released a "patch" of sorts latter on to activate the test. It looks a bit unprofessional the way it is, but I'm guessing it was done because either the test will be released shortly and/or to save time and effort.

Comment

The deal is that it is EXTRA annouced but not working. I would never accounce something which does NOT work.

Comment

No, the deal is that I didn't even know about it until you brought it to my attention. Thanks a lot Kano!

With all the hype around this hardware tessellation thing, I may want to give it a try.

Comment

You can read about it since months and the formal reason why the Linux version was delayed are fglrx problems. There is fglrx 10-1 out and still no word about an Unigene Heaven Linux version. Do we need to wait until fglrx 10-12 or is the new excuse that you can not buy Nv hardware with tesselation yet? Also when you have got only 1 PTS profile you would need later two, one with tesselation and one without.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                        Also when you have got only 1 PTS profile you would need later two, one with tesselation and one without.
                        No, it's already made available as a PTS run-time option to init the engine with tessellation support or not.
                        Michael Larabel

Comment

Ok, just enable download to your own copy.

Comment

I formatted my machine and upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 from 8.10. Then I installed the 2.4 release version of Phoronix.

I probably should add my name to the 10.04 alpha test.... especially since I have an ATI 5870 now.

I am using the symbolic link option instead of copying from the cache. Nice. I can easily install the cache on my BIG drive and then install and bench using a 50Gb raid-0 partition.

ISSUES: (You already knew about some of these: but I'm just repeating what I found.)

NOTE: I had to manually create a symbolic link from libstdc++.so.5 to libstdc++.so.6.0.13 or it attempted to re-install libstdc++.so.5 every time I ran anything.

1. Ran into either a copy or link problem with the soccer source file used by the x264 test. But it took me awhile to figure this out and then go and download the file manually and put it into my cache directory. This is probably a non-issue and might have been my fault for messing with the symbolic and/or delete options.

2. The file disk.xml file in the pts/test-suites directory shows two "Dbench" runs at 48 clients. The second "48" run has a description of "128 clients"... so I assume that run of the test should have 128 as the actual parameter being passed and not 48.

3. I had to patch the encode-ape to work. Basically I had to insert some casts in two files to make the application compile. I made a diff file if you would like it: It is included in a code section at the end of this post. (For testing: I changed the two files, then re-compressed the install file and upated the md5sum and size in the xml files so the fixed file in my download cache would work.)

4. The minion script is trying to run the command "minion", but it appears that only the "minion-quick" command is available in that test's build directories. To test this I changed the phoronix script to run the minion-quick and that seemed to work.

5. super-pi no longer runs. Not a great loss. With Ubuntu 9.10 on AMD64 it just dumps.

6. smokin-guns still broken because of an issue with libXxf86dga.so.1 even though that file is in /usr/lib.

7. UT2004 no longer works. If you go in and run the executable by itself i throws an error talking about GLIBCPP_3.2 and CXXABI_1.2 errors. I didn't really look further... but it seems to be version problems.

8. fio: The tests seems to work but the phoronix test fails after running for awhile. I haven't tracked this problem down. I have 12Gb available on the test drive; I wonder if it is drive free space.

IN CASE YOU WANT IT: THE FIX DIFF FOR ENCODING-APE:
                            Code:
                            diff -Naur mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APECompressCreate.cpp.ORIG mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APECompressCreate.cpp
                            --- mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APECompressCreate.cpp.ORIG	2010-02-03 14:51:07.390761759 -0700
                            +++ mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APECompressCreate.cpp	2010-02-03 14:51:24.970761406 -0700
                            @@ -279,14 +279,14 @@
                                     nDataSize = (((nNumberOfFrames - 1) * m_nSamplesPerFrame + nFinalFrameBlocks) * m_wfeInput.nBlockAlign);
                                     for (i = 0; i < nHeaderBytes; i++)
                                     {
                            -            if ((p = strstr((const char *)pHeaderData+i,"RIFF"))) {
                            +            if ((p = strstr((char *)pHeaderData+i,"RIFF"))) {
                                             ULONG_TO_UCHAR_LE((unsigned char *)p+4,nDataSize + nHeaderBytes - 8);
                                             break;
                                         }
                                     }
                                     for (i = 0; i < nHeaderBytes; i++)
                                     {
                            -            if ((p = strstr((const char *)pHeaderData+i,"data"))) {
                            +            if ((p = strstr((char *)pHeaderData+i,"data"))) {
                                             ULONG_TO_UCHAR_LE((unsigned char *)p+4,nDataSize);
                                             break;
                                         }
                            diff -Naur mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APELink.cpp.ORIG mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APELink.cpp
                            --- mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APELink.cpp.ORIG	2010-02-03 14:51:51.020760771 -0700
                            +++ mac-3.99-u4-b5-s4/src/MACLib/APELink.cpp	2010-02-03 14:52:21.320762024 -0700
                            @@ -63,10 +63,10 @@
                                 if (pData != NULL)
                                 {
                                     // parse out the information
                            -        char * pHeader = strstr(pData, APE_LINK_HEADER);
                            -        char * pImageFile = strstr(pData, APE_LINK_IMAGE_FILE_TAG);
                            -        char * pStartBlock = strstr(pData, APE_LINK_START_BLOCK_TAG);
                            -        char * pFinishBlock = strstr(pData, APE_LINK_FINISH_BLOCK_TAG);
                            +        char * pHeader = (char *) strstr(pData, APE_LINK_HEADER);
                            +        char * pImageFile = (char *) strstr(pData, APE_LINK_IMAGE_FILE_TAG);
                            +        char * pStartBlock = (char *) strstr(pData, APE_LINK_START_BLOCK_TAG);
                            +        char * pFinishBlock = (char *) strstr(pData, APE_LINK_FINISH_BLOCK_TAG);

if (pHeader && pImageFile && pStartBlock && pFinishBlock)
                                     {

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Will comment more when I get back to the office.
                              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                              X