Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Test Suite 2 GUI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Ah, it works! Thanks! Though I have to say that the GUI isn't much better than the command line. Too bad there are no percentage complete indicators, so I can't say if some of the tests simply don't run or just take forever to complete... But I guess it's not possible to create those for each test...

    Comment


    • #12
      Yeah, I find myself going with the command line most of the time. I guess I just got too used to it . Looks nice though:

      Comment


      • #13
        2.0 didn't work I click on the application/System Tools/Phoronix Test Suite and it says Starting Phoronix Test Suite down at the bottom then the box disappears and nothing happens.
        I tried running it in the terminal and this is the error I get.
        Fatal error: Class 'GtkWindow' not found in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/gtk/pts_gtk_window.php on line 23
        I'm running Jaunty 64 bit.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by cliff View Post
          2.0 didn't work I click on the application/System Tools/Phoronix Test Suite and it says Starting Phoronix Test Suite down at the bottom then the box disappears and nothing happens.
          I tried running it in the terminal and this is the error I get.
          Fatal error: Class 'GtkWindow' not found in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/gtk/pts_gtk_window.php on line 23
          I'm running Jaunty 64 bit.
          I used my old stand by from the command line which worked on the previous Phoronix test suite.
          "phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-tropics"
          It asked me to accept the user agreements and sell my first born ect.
          Then I had to re-download Unigine even though I downloaded it before?
          When it started I immediately noticed the option to run it 1920X1080 YES PROGRESS!!
          IT ran great and looked even better than before. I'm not sure if that was the new Test Suite or the new Nvidia driver I'm using. 185.18.29
          Hopefully some one smarter than me can figure out why the GUI didn't work.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by cliff View Post
            2.0 didn't work I click on the application/System Tools/Phoronix Test Suite and it says Starting Phoronix Test Suite down at the bottom then the box disappears and nothing happens.
            I tried running it in the terminal and this is the error I get.
            Fatal error: Class 'GtkWindow' not found in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/gtk/pts_gtk_window.php on line 23
            I'm running Jaunty 64 bit.
            Cliff, I found some detailed build instructions here that worked perfectly for me on Intrepid 64 bit:

            http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1108731


            Maybe they'll work for you? Good luck!

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by fxfuji View Post
              Cliff, I found some detailed build instructions here that worked perfectly for me on Intrepid 64 bit:

              http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1108731


              Maybe they'll work for you? Good luck!
              That worked great thanks!
              For some reason I thought Ubuntu met all the requirements but I was missing php-gtk. Too bad they couldn't include that in the .Deb file.
              As a former Vista user my head is dizzy from all those instructions.
              Sigh, such is the cost of a free OS.
              Thanks again!!!

              Comment


              • #17
                Such are the joys...

                Originally posted by cliff View Post
                That worked great thanks!
                For some reason I thought Ubuntu met all the requirements but I was missing php-gtk. Too bad they couldn't include that in the .Deb file.
                As a former Vista user my head is dizzy from all those instructions.
                Sigh, such is the cost of a free OS.
                Thanks again!!!
                True, even a free OS has its costs...
                otoh, it has joys too. Such as the joy of helping, and being helped, by the user community, the joy of figuring things out and getting them to work, the joys of discovery, etc.

                In any event, I'm glad that the link helped & there's no need to thank me... thank the author of those instructions instead, they were some of the clearest and best detailed I've used for compiling a package from source!

                Comment

                Working...
                X