Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 1.8 Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 1.8 Released

Phoronix Media has today released Phoronix Test Suite 1.8 (codenamed "Selbu"), which is a sizable update to its very popular testing software. Phoronix Test Suite 1.8 introduces a graphical user-interface making it easier for end-users to test out their computer systems, adds support for reference system comparisons, is compatible with more *BSD operating systems, and adds a number of new test profiles and suites. The Phoronix Test Suite is designed to run benchmarks/tests atop Linux, Mac OS X, *BSD, and OpenSolaris systems in a clean, reproducible, and easy-to-use way.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to see a GUI for PTS.

Comment

The GUI doesn't work in OpenSolaris, either I am retarded or there's something missing which I do not know how to add;

username@opensolaris:~# phoronix-test-suite gui
      PHP Fatal error: Class 'GtkWindow' not found in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/gtk/pts_gtk_window.php on line 23
      username@opensolaris:~#

Comment

joffe: Do you have PHP-GTK installed? Is it available in OpenSolaris? I didn't even think it was packaged for OpenSolaris.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hello

Do you have a list of new tests?

I've looked at the history and it appears these are new since 1.6:

povray
          c-ray
          bwfirt

Is that right? Are there any more?

Thanks

Comment

c-ray, pov-ray, and bwfirt are new. The vdrift test profile is also new, since it works now, and in previous releases it was marked as broken.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              joffe: Do you have PHP-GTK installed? Is it available in OpenSolaris? I didn't even think it was packaged for OpenSolaris.
              Well, I suppose not. I saw that, and what I did was that I grabbed everything in the repository with 'gtk' or 'php' in it in the hopes that it had been labelled by a silly person to something else. I guess not.

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to figure out the CLI then. If anyone tries to tell me how to compile php gtk for opensolaris I might just self-immolate.

Comment

I found compiling php-gtk to be quite... hard. Still haven't accomplished it (hence no Glade yet. Sorry michael )

It does look like your php-gtk is old or broken.

Comment

I get the same error in Ubuntu, 8.10, pre-release updates installed:

desktop:~$ phoronix-test-suite gui

Fatal error: Class 'GtkWindow' not found in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/gtk/pts_gtk_window.php on line 23

I don't see a PHP-GTK, searching Synaptic. I do have all the recommended requirements installed, as listed with Synaptic.

Be real, be sober.

Comment

Oh, that's right. Forget it. That has to be downloaded and compiled, for now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X