Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Update On The Phoronix Test Suite GUI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Thank you Michael and plz continue the great work.
    Yep, thanks, will continue to do so
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #17
      Dont hit me!

      Dare I ask if it would be easy to make a Windows port of this too if it isn't already? I hate Windows as much as anyone here, but it's an awesome way to get exposure to Linux thrown the Window's phanboi-way showing the power of the dar....open-source, the 'indie' games included etc etc.

      We could also use it to test the numerous distro's (burgeoning fan of Solaris in both flavours here) against this dirty ol' stalwart.

      And Michael, do you write all this stuff yourself, or do you get help form forumer's etc? I haven't exactly looked through all the scripts etc, but I noticed all to many are yours.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        Dare I ask if it would be easy to make a Windows port of this too if it isn't already? I hate Windows as much as anyone here, but it's an awesome way to get exposure to Linux thrown the Window's phanboi-way showing the power of the dar....open-source, the 'indie' games included etc etc.
        I am not opposed to doing a Windows port, but I don't intend on doing one unless it receives corporate backing. Most of pts-core (the benchmarking engine) is very portable (hence it running on OpenSolaris, Mac OS X, *BSD, and Linux), but there still would be quite a bit of work involved. The amount of work required (several weeks, plus rewriting quite a few test profiles to make it Windows compatible) plus not having any Windows installations around (unless a vendor sent a new Windows laptop for that task), means that I won't be able to justify it unless there is some backing.

        Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        And Michael, do you write all this stuff yourself, or do you get help form forumer's etc? I haven't exactly looked through all the scripts etc, but I noticed all to many are yours.
        Basically, yes. At heart of the Phoronix Test Suite is pts-core, which is the benchmarking engine that powers and manages everything. I designed and wrote all of that, but I have received a couple patches along the way for some fixes and such.

        In regards to the 90+ test profiles, yes, I have wound up writing most of that too... Writing test profiles are pretty easy, but to date I have only received a handful of third-party profiles. In the future though I hope to receive more third-party features due to improvements that lower the barrier to entry and just overall enhancements that make it more appealing for companies/individuals to submit their own profiles.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #19
          the test result seem is very good.

          Comment


          • #20
            hello everybody, since all of you hear seem to enjoy the gui can somebody point me,and i guess many more, to a download or upload the binary php-gtk that seems to be missing from all distributions?

            p.s.1 I would like it amd64 with fries, thank you
            p.s.2 Other people would like it i386, they will thank you
            p.s.3 find the hidden meaning

            Comment


            • #21
              A x86_64 Debian/Ubuntu package is @ http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/m....1-0_amd64.deb
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #22
                First, thanks for a great tool. This will be great to help me debug my home server's disk i/o issues

                I created an account on the Phoronix Global site. I was hoping to be able to plug that login name into some configuration/preference setting in the PTS GUI, so that when it submits results to the website, all of my benchmarks are in the one place.

                I saw the Phoronix Global dialog in the gui, as shown above, and typed my account username in the window, but the buttons stayed grayed-out.

                I am running Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex with the .deb package from the repository, I believe v1.8.1 of PTS. Thanks if you can clear up my operator error

                Comment


                • #23
                  Just do it from a terminal:

                  Code:
                  phoronix-test-suite login
                  I find the GUI still to be a bit buggy and lacking in some respects. Still, an awesome effort and can't wait until the next major PTS release.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                    Just do it from a terminal:

                    Code:
                    phoronix-test-suite login
                    I find the GUI still to be a bit buggy and lacking in some respects. Still, an awesome effort and can't wait until the next major PTS release.
                    In the latest Git code is an initial GUI menu for logging into Phoronix Global.
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X