Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Phoronix Test Suite Gets A GUI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I would like to know who tested the GUI yet. Kanotix users (with lenny base) can just do:

    Code:
    apt-get update && apt-get install phoronix-test-suite-gui

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Michael View Post
      There is a PHP Qt module, but I am not too familiar with it and uncertain whether it's still maintained. There is only about 1,000 lines of GTK2 code that powers the Phoronix Test Suite GUI, so it wouldn't be hard to port it over. If there is enough requests for a Qt interface, I may consider doing the work.
      Given that Nokia changed Qt licence to LGPL on 14 Jan 2009 (e.g. http://arstechnica.com/open-source/n...evelopment.ars) , Qt has become the viable contender of choice. Count my vote for Qt.

      Still, thanks for an amazing effort!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by sabriah View Post
        Given that Nokia changed Qt licence to LGPL on 14 Jan 2009
        You could have at least pointed to the Phoronix article

        Originally posted by sabriah View Post
        Qt has become the viable contender of choice. Count my vote for Qt.

        Still, thanks for an amazing effort!
        Sadly, it looks like the PHP Qt project is pretty dead. The most recent release was 2007 and their mailing list is just a spam haven.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #19
          If it is possible to use Qt, even with the old PHP Qt bindings, then I agree it should be ported.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Michael View Post
            P.S. to all: The GUI is NOT even the major feature for Phoronix Test Suite 2.0
            Ya well you have issues with the ALT-F12-ESC-Numpad Enter keyboard easter egg, Micheal. The UT3 client crashes on the CTF Maps. Ooops sorry I'll finish the rest of this post in PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              In Git master is now a simple (still needs to be cleaned up) preferences manager and batch mode setup manager. The first-run user agreement is also now GUI powered. Lastly, all test options are supported through the GUI. With that said, the GTK2 GUI should now be about 98% feature complete, it just needs some polishing.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #22
                The preferences area is getting more powerful with the GUI...



                All configuration options can now be managed and even all of the graph options -- the colors are handled through GtkColorButtons too Of course, still plenty of area for improvement with the preferences area, but it's now a step easier to configure PTS.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                Comment


                • #23
                  with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit GUI does not work at all

                  Using Phoronix Test Suite version 4.8.5 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit with all updates and latest stable kernel (currently 3.12.1).

                  Unfortunately after installing PHP-GTK 64-bit version and changing the file /etc/php5/cli/php.ini and adding:
                  Code:
                  extension=php_gtk2.so
                  ... to Dynamic Extensions section

                  ... I get the message:
                  Code:
                  PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
                  ... and it is true - such library does not exist regardless I installed it from Phoronix website as mentioned previously.

                  Why does not Phoronix itself give such instructions? Why not create such version of PTS, which will work out of the box after installing - also GUI!!!
                  So - such articles like PTS gets GUI just are worthless - GUI does not work at all - even after hacking based on information found from internet. I would expect such information from Phoronix itself and would expect working solution.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by zeroconf View Post
                    Using Phoronix Test Suite version 4.8.5 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit with all updates and latest stable kernel (currently 3.12.1).

                    Unfortunately after installing PHP-GTK 64-bit version and changing the file /etc/php5/cli/php.ini and adding:
                    Code:
                    extension=php_gtk2.so
                    ... to Dynamic Extensions section

                    ... I get the message:
                    Code:
                    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
                    ... and it is true - such library does not exist regardless I installed it from Phoronix website as mentioned previously.

                    Why does not Phoronix itself give such instructions? Why not create such version of PTS, which will work out of the box after installing - also GUI!!!
                    So - such articles like PTS gets GUI just are worthless - GUI does not work at all - even after hacking based on information found from internet. I would expect such information from Phoronix itself and would expect working solution.
                    Im pretty sure the gui hasnt been supported in years.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by philip550c View Post
                      Im pretty sure the gui hasnt been supported in years.
                      Right, it hasn't been supported since PTS 3.0... But a new UI is coming with PTS 5.0 early in 2014.
                      Michael Larabel
                      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Right, it hasn't been supported since PTS 3.0... But a new UI is coming with PTS 5.0 early in 2014.
                        Really good news. Thanks

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X