No announcement yet.

Benchmarking Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, couldn't You do it the way You did the inital benchmarks for both Metro Redux titles?
    I mean, with Curaga's libframetime?
    That way, we could also see frame-latency, which would make the results that much more interesting!

PS: Wasn't the intention to add libframetime to PTS as a whole, so that it could be used with any profile in the suite automatically?

Comment

Well, of course it looks better than Tomb Raider

Comment

Haha that's TR1,2 or 3? Tomb Raider 2013 looks much prettier and works fine in Wine/playonlinux. I'll look at more youtube vids and probably get it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
          Well I mean the gameplay. You're behind the player(Lara Croft) in a 3D world, seeing the player do things etc.? I don't have those other games mentioned, so if I'm wrong thanks for letting me know. The videos look better than Tomb Raider's world, real game world? Must be gorgeous then...well I search youtube now.
          I've heard it described as Assassin's Creed crossed with Batman Arkham Asylum.

But yes, it's a 3d world you are walking around in the 3rd person view.

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to modify the test suite to either simulate some keystrokes and navigate in-game menus, or have some nifty process memory writing feature forcing applications to jump to certain parts of the code. Either one could be a workaround for games not supporting automated benchmarks, though I'm sure it wouldn't be a trivial thing to implement, so maybe it isn't even worth it. Still, it could be interesting.

Comment

wrt gameplay:

It's basically like the batman arkham games except in mordor with a cool nemesis system. It's definitely worth $25 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                I wonder if it would be possible to modify the test suite to either simulate some keystrokes and navigate in-game menus, or have some nifty process memory writing feature forcing applications to jump to certain parts of the code. Either one could be a workaround for games not supporting automated benchmarks, though I'm sure it wouldn't be a trivial thing to implement, so maybe it isn't even worth it. Still, it could be interesting.
                You can with Xdotool:
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I used the same method for War Thunder & Talos Principle and added to my other Phoronix benchmarks:
                OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                  wrt gameplay:

It's basically like the batman arkham games except in mordor with a cool nemesis system. It's definitely worth $25 IMO.
                  I'd agree if the controls weren't awful. I regularly take a couple of extra hits when I end up drawing the bloody bow when I try to block

Comment

It seems Ferral is giving the Game of the Year game in 25$ while in steam it is 25$ game + 10$ DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
                      Michael, couldn't You do it the way You did the inital benchmarks for both Metro Redux titles?
                      I mean, with Curaga's libframetime?
                      That way, we could also see frame-latency, which would make the results that much more interesting!

PS: Wasn't the intention to add libframetime to PTS as a whole, so that it could be used with any profile in the suite automatically?
                      No libframetime just outputs frame-rates.... Which we already have from this game's benchmark mode. What we don't have is the automatic startup/shutdown of the game.

Metro's benchmark mode had the auto startup/shutdown but initially it only output the frameresult result to the screen and not anywhere to the stdout, a file, or anything else -- which is where libframetime was called in.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X