The AMD Radeon R9 Fury Is Running On Linux Right Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

OK then, we all have different expectation maybe but there is not benchmark results available from Michael yet... so we can all drink our beers now a wait for the results

Water in bottle, with a little alcohol and malt sugar
    That is fair. I'm still very anxious for the Catalyst amdgpu kernel driver support. Honestly I think that will take care of most of the problem I have with Catalyst. It might still take them a while yet to fix OpenGL performance, but it's OK if the driver finally becomes usable. But as it is right now, I wouldn't put it into a production environment under any situation. Whether an end user is considered AMD's customer or not is irrelevant because the end user is the one that has to use that hardware long term. AMD deciding that they don't need to support catalyst for end users is a big problem for them, because it's the end users that end up on the internet bitching about it. AMD themselves made the situation what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

That is fair. I'm still very anxious for the Catalyst amdgpu kernel driver support. Honestly I think that will take care of most of the problem I have with Catalyst. It might still take them a while yet to fix OpenGL performance, but it's OK if the driver finally becomes usable. But as it is right now, I wouldn't put it into a production environment under any situation. Whether an end user is considered AMD's customer or not is irrelevant because the end user is the one that has to use that hardware long term. AMD deciding that they don't need to support catalyst for end users is a big problem for them, because it's the end users that end up on the internet bitching about it. AMD themselves made the situation what it is.
      Fair and then you start to bash AMD again, that is not fair Drink your beer man

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Yeah, I think that chemical is found in red wine only? At least I remember reading an article some time ago about how a glass or two of red wine everyday can beneficial to your heart health. It has something to do with breaking down the cholesterol molecules in your blood stream.
        Good thing it's red wine! Too bad that running the R9 Fury tests take longer than a glass or two of red wine to finish...
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good thing it's red wine! Too bad that running the R9 Fury tests take longer than a glass or two of red wine to finish...
          That's how they should do it then. Distribute R9 Fury with a bottle of "Arterial Plaque Remover"

Comment

That is how benchmarks should be done, with glass of wine, beer or icecream... just do not lost focus of those, you might found what you don't expect

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Fair and then you start to bash AMD again, that is not fair Drink your beer man
              How do you consider that bashing? It's sincerity man! AMD is certainly better than Intel, but they aren't perfect, and they tend to make fundamental mistakes that badly hurt themselves. It's not bashing. The only ones that "made" AMD decide to only support Catalyst for commercial customers was AMD themselves.

It's ok to be sincere.

Comment

It takes time for drivers to mature and optimize on AMD's side whenever a major new architecture is released. This is not an uncommon occurrence. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case on launch.

(Addendum: I'm not trying to bash AMD. My current machines are AMD-centric and I have very few qualms with them. I'm merely pointing out this is not a surprise for a flagship launch given that this has happened many times before.)
                Last edited by BlueJayofEvil; 28 July 2015, 06:21 PM. Reason: Added addendum

Comment

R9 Radeon Fury X or Radeon Fury Nano. No one was interested in straight up air cooled Fury unless its the Nano.

Comment

How come everyone else gets beer and wine while I'm stuck here with water ?
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      How come everyone else gets beer and wine while I'm stuck here with water ?
                      People needs to carry some burlesque like logic for a beer... so for you that might happen if you benchmark some nVidia's hardware, that way you will find your "The Way It's Meant to be Played" beer easely .

I guess you understand Michael, he got GTX 980 for free from nVidia while he gives nearly $600 for Fury... he natuarly expected something more for that price, something more then from $0 device
                      Last edited by dungeon; 28 July 2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X