No announcement yet.

Firefox 39.0 Brings New Features, HTML5 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest problem I have with Firefox is that it refuses to save my Firefox Sync password. It might have something to do with me using GNOME Keyring to store all my passwords, but it works with Chromium and everything else, so...

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      The performance with the 10something multi-thread is better
      Probably you are referring to e10s, electrolysis, https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis

I'm using the nightly builds, besides some quirks with Google Sheets and my Intel mesa driver, it is pretty stable.

Besides new APIs, each releases improves the memory consumption, those improvements are explained better on https://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
        The biggest problem I have with Firefox is that it refuses to save my Firefox Sync password. It might have something to do with me using GNOME Keyring to store all my passwords, but it works with Chromium and everything else, so...
        gnome keyring is broken for some time now in firefox
        for thunderbird now, too. Hoping for a new version

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          hurry up with finishing HTML5
          Firefox is generally very good. What are you missing?

Comment

I don't like Firefox on Linux because it is still wasting space. Tabs should be in titlebar since 2008 when Chrome was released. People were attracted to it because it was so clean, simple and minimalistic compared to all other browsers of that time. Firefox is always the last to get cool stuff. It was one of the last browsers to implement speed dial (top sites) tab. Averege people care about usability more than about HTML standards.
            Last edited by monraaf; 03 July 2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
              I don't like Firefox on Linux because it is still wasting space. Tabs should be in titlebar since 2008 when Chrome was released.
              Have you tried HTitle extension?

Comment

I don't like Firefox on Linux because it is still wasting space. Tabs should be in titlebar since 2008 when Chrome was released. People were attracted to it because it was so clean, simple and minimalistic compared to all other browsers of that time. Firefox is always the last to get cool stuff. It was one of the last browsers to implement speed dial (top sites) tab. Averege people care about usability more than about HTML standards.
                Htitle, and Hide caption titlebar plus have been available for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
                  Firefox is generally very good. What are you missing?
                  Off the top of my head, MSE needs improvement, rendering performance could be better, and some things like the "date" input type doesn't work properly. Overall FF is decent with HTML5, just has room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    Eh, I've seen some pretty good releases in the past 2 years. I've been using it for a long while myself, but I'll probably be switching away from it pretty soon. If they can adopt PPAPI I might switch back.

But yeah, they do really need to stop adding this stupid misc crap and hurry up with finishing HTML5 and GTK3.
                    Ppapi is dead, Jim.

Comment

Use full screen then. That hides everything except the webview. What's nice about it vs other browser implementations of fs is that you can mouse to the top of the screen and get a nice animated pulldown of just the tabs.

Comment

Working...
                      X