Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features Added To Mesa 10.6 For Open-Source GPU Drivers

Phoronix: Features Added To Mesa 10.6 For Open-Source GPU Drivers

Mesa 10.6 is up to a release candidate state and should be officially released in early June. If you're not up to speed on this quarterly update to the open-source user-space graphics drivers, here's an overview of the new features for Mesa 10.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully apart from VDPAU they will fix more stuff with HW accelerated video which continues to be problematic.

Comment

egl_wayland also supports software rendering again

Comment

Tried RC1 yesterday, but I've got some freezes when playing Civ V or Civ BE.
        The good news is that artifacts on Civ BE seem to have disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          Hopefully apart from VDPAU they will fix more stuff with HW accelerated video which continues to be problematic.
          yeah, proper VDPAU support is far more important than any new GL extension(s).
          For me the ratio of watching videos compared to playing games is like 1000 : 1

Anyway VDPAU was there for years and it's still broken in nouveau.

Comment

Originally posted by jery View Post
            Tried RC1 yesterday, but I've got some freezes when playing Civ V or Civ BE.
            The good news is that artifacts on Civ BE seem to have disappeared.
            On what hardware? If you're on Radeon/Southern Islands, you might be hitting bug 89944.

If it's on Intel, I'd be interested in details.
            Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
            Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Didn't know there are issues with nouveau VDPAU, I was under the impression it works. Can anyone point me to relevant bug reports? I'm all Intel, their VAAPI (which isn't part of mesa) works great. Hmm, what would it take for Intel to get VDPAU? Probably not that easy, as you couldn't reuse the gallium tracker, and it would for sure need to come from someone outside of Intel, I'm just curious.

What I'd like to see is GL_ARB_texture_barrier on Intel. The PCSX2 emulator uses it for more accurate rendering in some games. Mesa 10.6 provides it for everything but Intel. PCSX2 also uses shader_image_load_store. This one is in development, but there were some clashes on how to go about implementing it, hopefully the devs are on the same page now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post

On what hardware? If you're on Radeon/Southern Islands, you might be hitting bug 89944.

If it's on Intel, I'd be interested in details.
                I'm running a hd7850 (1Gb). So I might be encountering the pointed issue...
                I'm back on 10.5.x branch.
                Last edited by jery; 04 June 2015, 05:38 AM.

Comment

As the bug still happens with LLVM 3.6 and mesa 10.6.0-rc1 (not tried with more recent releases), I suppose I need to wait for LLVM 3.7 coming this summer...

Comment

Originally posted by jery View Post
                    As the bug still happens with LLVM 3.6 and mesa 10.6.0-rc1 (not tried with more recent releases), I suppose I need to wait for LLVM 3.7 coming this summer...
                    LLVM 3.6.1 was recently released.

Comment

Working...
                    X