Windows 7 screens look like KDE 4!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 screens look like KDE 4!!

I know, I know... I just found it too funny to miss... Where are they innovating, again?

that screen looks even more simplier and flat than KDE4, don't get me wrong, I do use Vista and I do like it, but this, I don't like it.

Comment

They first adopted GUI designs from OS X and now from KDE.

Of course they then claim that it's "an achievement of the Microsoft Windows Team"...

Comment

That's exactly what I thought! Never expected MS to actually become so uninspired that they'd actually start ripping GUI concepts from linux instead of their regular source of inspiration! ;-)

Comment

I've thought exactly the same when I saw them. Looks pretty ugly to be honest.

Comment

Some years ago many people said KDE was looking too much like Windows, now they're saying Windows looks like KDE; something's wrong here, isn't it?

Apart from that, I think this screenshot looks quite good, but the design needs to be tweaked a bit, there are a few elements that seem disturbing...

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
              Some years ago many people said KDE was looking too much like Windows, now they're saying Windows looks like KDE; something's wrong here, isn't it?

Apart from that, I think this screenshot looks quite good, but the design needs to be tweaked a bit, there are a few elements that seem disturbing...
              Actually I was of those who used to say that KDE behaved like Windows (and had some paradigms similar to it, not identical, though)...

But you cannot deny that 48px taskbar, buttons and the arrangement (and look) of the elements... Not to mention the widgets!
              Last edited by Thetargos; 29 October 2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

it's KDE ported to windows!

Comment

Could be worse, could look like gnome or xfce. They should just go back to the old 2k look with polished up graphics. It was their best UI of them all.

Comment

Could be worse, could look like gnome or xfce.
                    That clear flamebait.. XFCE rules over all!

Anyway, 7 is just Vista tweaked. Nothing to see here. Copying of KDE is pretty lame though. I bet the final version will have a 3d cube of desktop spinning.

Comment

Working...
                    X