X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion?

Originally posted by darkcoder View Post
    Let me understand this...

They removed a service that was already part of systemd as one of the services, made it part of logind (which makes sense), getting rid of services and binary files, and you call that bloat???? http://www.freedesktop.org/software/...d.service.html
    I think you have problems understanding the messages: This is about systemd as a whole, not the tiny part of removing some sevice and moving it somewhere else.

Comment

Reboot to EFI shell

Hope it gets a reboot to EFI shell feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Elendig View Post
        Please explain how systemd kills open source. I would love to see some actual facts proving this.
        I think he was being sarcastic.

Comment

too bad Shutdownd didn't kill off the abomination that is Systemd

Comment

I hope this makes shutdowns more reliable. I've had some shutdowns take almost a minute sometimes. I want them immediate.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Hope it gets a reboot to EFI shell feature.
              Hey uid, do you mean reboot to UEFI interface, because that got merged a few days ago, or do you actually mean a console for EFI? What's the benefit/use of an EFI shell?
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                I hope this makes shutdowns more reliable. I've had some shutdowns take almost a minute sometimes. I want them immediate.
                Something is wrong either with systemd, or the kernel on my Ubuntu install because I can't even get it to shutdown or resume from suspend. It'll just endlessly show me the progress dots moving. Windows and PC-BSD work just fine.

Personally, I use this when I want those instant reboots
                Code:
                sudo reboot

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                  Something is wrong either with systemd, or the kernel on my Ubuntu install because I can't even get it to shutdown or resume from suspend. It'll just endlessly show me the progress dots moving. Windows and PC-BSD work just fine.

Code:
                  sudo reboot
                  Yeah, from my experience, systemd is awesome at starting things up and managing them, but shutting down? Not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                    systemd waits 30 seconds for services to stop, before killing them. If it takes that long, it means you have some service that is constantly not exiting when asked politely. There should be some way to see what it is, although I never tried it myself.

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

Code:
                    sudo reboot
                    Something is definitely wrong somewhere, then. systemd guarantees that your system will shut down in 30 seconds. Maybe it never gets the request to shut down to begin with?

Also, `reboot` is deprecated. You should use `systemctl reboot` directly.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                      (...)
                      Also, `reboot` is deprecated. You should use `systemctl reboot` directly.
                      reboot is a symlink to systemctl

Comment

Working...
                      X