Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops! coffee spill

ARGH!!

I just spilled a full cup of fresh, piping hot, very sweet coffee directly on my laptop.....

edit: got the keyboard off, looks like it caught most of it.
    Last edited by duby229; 01 March 2015, 12:00 PM.

This is why my coffee is sugar free. In this sense, congratulations on earning a new useful reflex of not putting a coffee in viscinity to laptops!

I hope it was without sugar, if it was with it - then you need isopropyl or glas cleaner, and need to actually wash the keyboard in water otherwise it will become sticky.

I had this happen to me. You really need to disassemble the whole laptop. I had found some liquid inside a backplate of a hard disk drive - between backplate and the harddrive itself, which was beneath the mainboard inside. I had to remove few torx screws to get there. Don?t wonder if you get some under GPU and CPU cooling blocks. In short - full laptop disassembly. But it gets a lot faster without cursing!

Comment

Dude, get a blog for stories about your life.

Comment

I have an old Lenovo T60, that one has got vodka shot in it, diet soda too. No problems at all as it has built in liquid protection.

Comment

It's all good now. I had to take the disc drive out and the keyboard. That was it, cleaned it up, let it dry , and put it back together. Working ok.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
            Dude, get a blog for stories about your life.
            Just trying to spark conversation. I'm sure I can't be the only linux user to spill coffee on a laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Just trying to spark conversation. I'm sure I can't be the only linux user to spill coffee on a laptop.
              I spilled an entire bottle of water on my last laptop (RIP). I understand why you started this thread...

Comment

Working...
              X