Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Switched (Back) Over To Fedora As My Main OS & It's Going Great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I decided to give Fedora 21 a try. I get a kernel oops during boot-up. Awesome. It installs just fine, but upon initial bootup after the installation, it gives the kernel oops.

No other distro does this. This is on a Supermicro H8SCM with Opteron 4332 and 8 GB of Registered ECC memory. As a test, I tried CentOS, Mint, Ubuntu, and FreeBSD, and all install and boot and work just fine, no issues, no errors, no crashes. But not Fedora 21.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
      So I decided to give Fedora 21 a try. I get a kernel oops during boot-up. Awesome. It installs just fine, but upon initial bootup after the installation, it gives the kernel oops.

No other distro does this. This is on a Supermicro H8SCM with Opteron 4332 and 8 GB of Registered ECC memory. As a test, I tried CentOS, Mint, Ubuntu, and FreeBSD, and all install and boot and work just fine, no issues, no errors, no crashes. But not Fedora 21.
      Did you file a bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post
        a few years ago I spent more time than I wanted reading his blog posts. They got obsoleted. I want an overview but not a trivial one.I don't need to be sold on the need.
        The man files. Or read the same information from the freedesktop site.

Comment

I decided to go back to Slackware

Yeah so I decided to go back to Slackware.
          The DVD is laying on the desk here but I've not actually installed it yet.
          I'm going to eventually.
          I drew up a plan.

You got to have a plan!

Here's the problem. Laziness.

We're all getting lazy. Apt this, pac that, fed'up? You better believe it.
          Why not a universal package manager: install vlc
          Behind the scenes install < sudo apt-get install > [vlc]

Slack was always better. Fire up SlackBuilds and forget. Slaptget then forget!

L8r

Comment

Working...
          X