Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm DMCA Notice Takes Down 100+ Git Repositories

Phoronix: Qualcomm DMCA Notice Takes Down 100+ Git Repositories

Qualcomm has forced GitHub to take down over 100 Git repositories over alleged copyright infringement...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTczNDU

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Qualcomm DMCA Notice Takes Down 100+ Git Repositories

Qualcomm has forced GitHub to take down over 100 Git repositories over alleged copyright infringement...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTczNDU
    And there goes my business for a while.

They really should have a competent human look at these notices BEFORE they go out.

Comment

I really think this company is bad news. They seem to very much have a closed mindset and it's only getting worse. Too bad they basically own the North American smartphone market.

Comment

While the approach and generalization applied here by Qualcomm & helpers is nothing more than a shame do I wonder ... why am I looking at two drunk Mario bros??

I have never played much games on consoles. What am I missing here?

Comment

While GitHub complied with the request
          Fixed your English.

Sounds like GitHub are pondering their ultimate response.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
            While the approach and generalization applied here by Qualcomm & helpers is nothing more than a shame do I wonder ... why am I looking at two drunk Mario bros??

I have never played much games on consoles. What am I missing here?
            It does look out of place. Maybe Michael is distributing those documents with steganography?

Comment

It seems only fair to remove support for all Qualcomm products from the Linux kernel, x.org and any other piece of free software that supports Qualcomm products.

Comment

Never host anything on US-related services so that tyrant laws do not affect you.
                Hard lesson learned, I guess.

Comment

Best thing to do is sending them an email using the contact us page, letting them know of your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post
                    It does look out of place. Maybe Michael is distributing those documents with steganography?
                    Check the file name (properties) for hints.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                      Never host anything on US-related services so that tyrant laws do not affect you.
                      Hard lesson learned, I guess.
                      Good luck with that. Europe is also becoming part of the NWO.

Comment

The best is: they took even one of their own repositories down. Yes, the http://github.com/qca is from their Open Source team at Qualcomm/Atheros. And now they lost the qcamain_open_hal_public repository to their legal department.

Sorry, but Atheros has really gone bad after they belong to Qualcomm. Even most of their software engineers (mostly public visible in their Open Source teams) left the company after the "Qualcomm incident". I think all ath9k developers are now gone and only Kalle Valo from ath10k remains. Most ath10k development for Qualcomm is done by an external team from Tieto.

Comment

Originally posted by Slark View Post
                          Sorry, but Atheros has really gone bad after they belong to Qualcomm. Even most of their software engineers (mostly public visible in their Open Source teams) left the company after the "Qualcomm incident". I think all ath9k developers are now gone and only Kalle Valo from ath10k remains. Most ath10k development for Qualcomm is done by an external team from Tieto.
                          Everybody calls me crazy, but there is a big reason why I do not buy qualcomm based phones.
                          Qualcomm has always been a very nasty about licenses and enforcing it. I think Qualcomm has a bigger judical department than development. Look at what they did to android, scaring one of the bigger developers away.
                          So vote with your wallet, do not buy qualcomm based phones.
                          As for atheros, I don't know. Qualcomm just means bad.

Comment

Looks at the quality of the Adreno drivers...

According to the Dolphin team, Adreno drivers really, really suck. If anything, they could use some help.

Comment

Strolling through the takedown notice:
                              https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/...tertainment.md
                              Where irdeto/Blizzard claims the copyright of:
                              File Name: https://github.com/justicezyx/interv...0/minvm/README
                              File Size: 1
                              Timestamp: 08 May 2013 21:50:03 GMT

Yes, you read that correctly: they claim copyright on a file called README of 1 byte big.

Comment

Working...
                              X