Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Week Is An Ubuntu Summit: Unity 8 & Mir News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next Week Is An Ubuntu Summit: Unity 8 & Mir News

    Phoronix: Next Week Is An Ubuntu Summit: Unity 8 & Mir News

    Taking place next week from 10 to 12 June is the next Ubuntu Developer Summit where plans about Ubuntu 14.10 with regard to Mir, Unity 8, Ubuntu Phone, and other topics will be discussed by developers...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcxMjU

  • #2
    Goals for the "Ubuntu Women Project" for the Ubuntu 14.10 cycle
    I hope this fares better than the Gnome version. The Gnome version seems to have garnered a bad name, but I think encouraging women in Linux is a worthwhile goal. Assuming of course that's what this is, I'm just going off the name, I have no idea what it actually entails.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      but I think encouraging women in Linux is a worthwhile goal
      *cringes*
      I would state my views on this, but I remember what happened to the thread the last time I did that...

      Comment


      • #4
        Wayland

        They can talk all they want about Unity 8 and Mir.
        I want Wayland!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          They can talk all they want about Unity 8 and Mir.
          I want Wayland!
          Do you also go on Porsche forums to let people know you want a Ferrari?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Herem View Post
            Do you also go on Porsche forums to let people know you want a Ferrari?
            With an engine from Mercedes

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Herem View Post
              Do you also go on Porsche forums to let people know you want a Ferrari?
              Uh, reality check here: Phoronix is not a Ubuntu forum... if you want an echo chamber where everyone circle jerks on how awesome everything Shuttleworth thinks of is, you're in the wrong place...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dee. View Post
                Uh, reality check here: Phoronix is not a Ubuntu forum... if you want an echo chamber where everyone circle jerks on how awesome everything Shuttleworth thinks of is, you're in the wrong place...
                I didn't say you're not allowed to have whatever opinion you like but it should be an opinion that's on topic. As Wayland is neither currently or at this time planned to be a part of the Ubuntu distribution it was a pretty pointless comment.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Herem View Post
                  I didn't say you're not allowed to have whatever opinion you like but it should be an opinion that's on topic. As Wayland is neither currently or at this time planned to be a part of the Ubuntu distribution it was a pretty pointless comment.
                  Eh, just wait a couple of months... when Shuttleworth realizes no one else is going to support Mir, they'll probably switch to Wayland, like they did with Upstart->systemd.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X