Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese People Try To Patent Wine On ARM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by aphirst View Post
    I wasn't calling *you* a bigot in that first line - I was lampooning the position of those who accuse people of racism and bigotry for mere trifles.

    People all over the world are gonna find things from other places all over the world funny. Oh no. What a shame. Guess we'll have to ban humour!
    Or, we could simply bother to distinguish the cases where people are deliberately trying to cause harm.
    Well if you personally find racist comments funny, it is OK with me. But you should keep it secret, just like you did with your other fetishes.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by SSwolfenstein View Post
      Well if you personally find racist comments funny, it is OK with me. But you should keep it secret, just like you did with your other fetishes.
      Frankly, I find the fact that you think I should self-censor to be deeply offensive. I trust you'll keep your hateful, offensive, bigoted opinion secret from now on? [/satire]

      Or, not. Freedom of expression is more important than feelings (or ill-thought-out knee-jerk "hate speech" laws).
      Last edited by aphirst; 03-31-2014, 10:31 AM. Reason: Clarification

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by mendieta View Post
        This is horrible, but also a great example of the silliness of Software Patents.

        Otoh, I am not sure I like the emphasis on the Nationality of the individuals involved. Saying where the patent was filed is important, but slamming the Chinese People in the article's title? Mmm ... no so cool.

        Anyways, thank you for sharing, Michael.
        China has a long history of stealing technology from the US, and of producing low-quality counterfeits of American and European products. I didn't read the article title as "slamming" anyone; merely pointing out the nationality of the perpetrators, which is relevant in this case.

        China also has a long history of ignoring US patents and trademarks. Attempting to litigate against a Chinese company in a Chinese government court is an exercise in futility.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by aphirst View Post
          Or, not. Freedom of expression is more important than feelings (or ill-thought-out knee-jerk "hate speech" laws).
          +1 agree completely.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by aphirst View Post
            Frankly, I find the fact that you think I should self-censor to be deeply offensive. I trust you'll keep your hateful, offensive, bigoted opinion secret from now on? [/satire]

            Or, not. Freedom of expression is more important than feelings (or ill-thought-out knee-jerk "hate speech" laws).
            I have great rage towards racism and I am not going to hide it, ever.
            Why would you keep finding shaky excuses for the racist comment why I keep my voice down, just because I am the minority on this forum?
            My feeling has already been hurt when I read these racist comments and you can not hurt it again even if you want to, partly because what you said make absolutely no sense.
            I take my time to reply to you constantly, not because I don't have better things to do, BUT because I want to make things right, and recall that racism is NOT normal.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by SSwolfenstein View Post
              I have great rage towards racism and I am not going to hide it, ever.
              Why would you keep finding shaky excuses for the racist comment why I keep my voice down, just because I am the minority on this forum?
              My feeling has already been hurt when I read these racist comments and you can not hurt it again even if you want to, partly because what you said make absolutely no sense.
              I take my time to reply to you constantly, not because I don't have better things to do, BUT because I want to make things right, and recall that racism is NOT normal.
              Again, I was satirising the position which is being taken against the (actually harmless) title of this article, not genuinely suggesting that you should not be expressing your opinion.

              My point is that the solution is for people to talk to each other and be free to express their opinions, rather than have one group just flat-out insist that the other group's opinions are "bad" and therefore must be censored.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by johään View Post
                The title of the article is not the best. At least by only reading the title it gives you the impression that 1.3 billion Chinese people are supporting the patent
                When the news says "Russians invade Crimea" do you read it as the entire population of Russia, every man woman and child, have all participated in the invasion of Crimea?

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by aphirst View Post
                  My point is that the solution is for people to talk to each other and be free to express their opinions, rather than have one group just flat-out insist that the other group's opinions are "bad" and therefore must be censored.
                  Except that this is exactly what you have been doing the entire thread.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                    Haven't the Chinese built their domestic business around copying Western stuff for years now? They've been ignoring patents left and right, haven't they? This feels hypocritical to say the least. And yes, I realise this is a subset of the Chinese people, but I think the irony still stands.
                    Haven't Americans been enacting laws against murder for years now? Yet there's this one American dude who killed another dude. This feels hypocritical to say the least. And yes, I realise this is a subset of the American people, but I think the irony still stands.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                      When the news says "Russians invade Crimea" do you read it as the entire population of Russia, every man woman and child, have all participated in the invasion of Crimea?
                      The news never says "Russians invade Crimea". Any respectful journalistic outlet would formulate it as "Russia invades Crimea", which is factually the case. The first version implies that some individual Russian persons had invaded Crimea. The second implies that the nation of Russia had invaded Crimea. There's a huge difference.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X