Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCALE 12x: Penguins Invading Los Angeles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SCALE 12x: Penguins Invading Los Angeles

    Phoronix: SCALE 12x: Penguins Invading Los Angeles

    For Linux and open-source fans in the greater Los Angeles region next weekend, it's once again time for SCALE!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYwMzI

  • #2
    Nice to see someone else than Michael write posts.

    Please make use of images, lists, tables, and <aside> and other nice stuff.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Nice to see someone else than Michael write posts.

      Please make use of images, lists, tables, and <aside> and other nice stuff.
      Easier on the eyes than Michael to (sorry Michael).

      And funny enough... the writing styles are almost identical :S
      Last edited by tmpdir; 02-13-2014, 04:20 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
        Easier on the eyes than Michael to (sorry Michael).

        And funny enough... the writing styles are almost identical :S
        Yes, Michael writes really long boring bread text.
        I wish this site had more easy content such as lists, tables, screen shots, images, etc.

        This site is usually just a big list of mostly boring text.
        I wish it was better summarized and more straight to the point.
        More clear.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Yes, Michael writes really long boring bread text.
          I wish this site had more easy content such as lists, tables, screen shots, images, etc.

          This site is usually just a big list of mostly boring text.
          I wish it was better summarized and more straight to the point.
          More clear.
          I don't agree, this site is one of few I visit regularly.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well isn't she a cute one.

            Comment


            • #7
              I knew before I entered the thread after reading the article that all of the posts would be about the fact that the writer is someone else than Michael. But let's not make a big deal about her being a woman, please? Let us nerds shake that stereotypical image once and for all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                I knew before I entered the thread after reading the article that all of the posts would be about the fact that the writer is someone else than Michael. But let's not make a big deal about her being a woman, please? Let us nerds shake that stereotypical image once and for all.
                It's my wife, basically met her at the X.Org Developers' Conference a few years ago that I organized in Chicago. The RadeonHD developers know about it. She's written a few articles previously but might be writing some more going forward.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  It's my wife, basically met her at the X.Org Developers' Conference a few years ago that I organized in Chicago. The RadeonHD developers know about it. She's written a few articles previously but might be writing some more going forward.
                  I hope she does. This site would get more diversity.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                    But let's not make a big deal about her being a woman, please? Let us nerds shake that stereotypical image once and for all.
                    Dude... this behaviour existed way before they invented the first computer.

                    Ofcourse making this remark makes you quite the uber nerd

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X