Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux.Conf.Au 2014 Presentations Worth Watching

Phoronix: Linux.Conf.Au 2014 Presentations Worth Watching

With the Linux.Conf.Au 2014 conference having wrapped up, here's some of the video recordings that I'd recommend worth watching as Phoronix readers...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU2ODU

Are the slides anywhere? I couldn't find any.

Comment

Can I create a torrent with these videos?

Comment

If that mirror is slow, there's also the torrent here: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9467509

Or the magnet URI:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e5c47d327788ead0...nii.com%3A1337

Comment

Screw videos. Give me text.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            Screw videos. Give me text.
            +1

Some people (myself included) simply learn better from reading text than listening to someone talk.

Comment

that was a wondeful experience.

It happen that LCA was held in the city where I work, and it is in the holiday session, so as a long time Linux hobbyist, it was like a dream come true.
              Needless to say the first day I was there at 6 AM  , I would say it was different from what i was expecting, Linux is a mature platform , and most the attendees are professionals, a lot of people use Macbooks too.
              In the three graphics talks that I attended ( Glamor, GLX and DRI3) there was not really any mention of wayland , I had the opportunity to talks to Adam Jackson and Eric anholt, they are really very nice persons.
              From what I understood, the plan is to make the display server hardware agnostic and talks to the devise driver using only EGL, either it is X, wayland or MIR.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I simply lost it when I saw Lennart's shirt!

Comment

Working...
                X