Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Developers Asked To Distance Themselves From RMS

Phoronix: Linux Developers Asked To Distance Themselves From RMS

A supposed Linux kernel developer has called upon Linus Torvalds and other kernel developers to take action against Richard Stallman and the GNU/Linux naming controversy...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Liam Lindholm probably works for a popcorn company.

Comment

I really like to see the BSD useland replacing the GNU useland on Linux distros.

Comment

Jeez. Not using the GNU userland would definitely make the naming controversy go away. Just pull in the FreeBSD userland and problem solved ... I seriously doubt *BSD developers would request the system be called BSD/Linux.

Comment

Image Thread?

Comment

Poor RMS...

I can understand his frustration at not being the poster boy after all the technical work that he did. At the end of the day, though, by now he should know life isn't fair.

The GNU code base is degrading though, maybe he should go back and do some coding. Note that people are moving from GCC to LLVM (and not just due to licensing concerns).

Well... if it's any consolation to him, I don't use GNU/Linux or Linux, I use Fedora.

Comment

WTF did I just read?

So lemme get this straight... some dude pretending to be a kernel programmer says something stupid on the LKML and it becomes newsworthy? Why?

Oh... more click-bait. I see now.

Comment

What a complete fucking tool. NOBODY has ever said the Linux kernel should be renamed in recognition of GNU; it's the OSes which use both the GNU userland and the Linux kernel that are Stallman's concern.

Why is Phoronix running articles to inflate some idiot's sense of self-importance again?

Comment

I was not aware LignuX has been proposed. That is rather smart and certainly a hacky name. I think I'm gonna begin to use it.
                    Last edited by moilami; 23 December 2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X