Richard Stallman Calls Ubuntu "Spyware"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
    So you know all the source code of all the software you use? You have checked every line?
    No?

So what makes you think there is no malfeature? Just because no one told you yet?
    This is going on a tangent here. Do you agree that I'm much more likely to know of a malfeature in an open source app than in a closed source app?

Comment

• No. You are more likely to be able to know such.

Comment

• I don't get it cthulu

I'm sure there are BSD forums ...

you can go, instead of ...

here:

www.daemonforums.org

forums.freebsd.org

forums.pcbsd.org

emptyclosets.com/forum/

www.outnation.net

Why do you insist on trolling this forums when everybody here uses linux and doesn't care about you or your fail os?

Comment

• This is not a Linux forum. Go troll in a Linux forum of your choice where indeed everybody uses your fail BSD clone.

Comment

• coulda fooled me

[Phoronix] Linux Hardware Reviews, Benchmarking, & Gaming

www.phoronix.com/ - Traduire cette page

Phoronix is the leading technology website for Linux hardware reviews, Linux benchmarks, distribution ...
            Forums

wikipedia

Phoronix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoronix - Traduire cette page
            Phoronix is a technology website that offers product reviews, Linux distribution screenshots, interviews, and news while maintaining a pure Linux orientation.

, and news while maintaining a pure Linux orientation.

, and news while maintaining a pure Linux orientation.

phoronix (phoronix) on Twitter
            https://twitter.com/phoronix
            phoronix. @phoronix. Founded by @MichaelLarabel in 2004, Phoronix is the largest #Linux hardware resource for PCs and servers. Also leading the ...

Comment

• Missed the BSD news then, huh?

Comment

• you no longer entertain me troll

I'm out

Comment

Missed the BSD news then, huh?
                  I think he might consider BSD news a tangent, kind of like the Oktoberfest stuff that bores me to death.

Personally I never understood what was wrong with (or all that great about) BSD to begin with. It strikes me that by and large you aren't going to know about your kernel anyway. You've got a desktop environment running on top of magic and it should be invisible. What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
                    I'm out
                    Finally. Here's your fish: <)))))><

Originally posted by Larian View Post
                    you aren't going to know about your kernel anyway.
                    Why? It is as open as yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
                      you no longer entertain me troll
                      Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
                      Finally. Here's your fish: <)))))><
                      Every single Phoronix thread turns into this after degenerates like yourselves have a nothing fight about nothingness, finally resorting to personal attacks and mud slinging. Meanwhile, noone else is convinced but the thread is hijacked, preventing real discussion.

On topic:
                      This pattern with Ubuntu has me wondering. Anyone else see a tipping point happening here in the industry as a whole?

When I ask this, some people say "I heard that 5 years ago", "I heard that 10 years ago", but with Steam "rolling" out here, distros like Ubuntu going through what looks like "commercialization growing pains, and Microsoft making crazy moves to stay relevant, I think this crap might just happen. We're finally getting ready to take on the desktop.

Industry turning point. Holy cow that would be exciting.

Comment

Why? It is as open as yours.
                        You misunderstand (and misquote) me. I said that by and large you aren't going to know about your kernel, meaning it's supposed to be invisible and buried under the desktop environment. If, when using your operating system in a normal manner, you are actively thinking about your kernel on a regular basis, something is wrong.

Comment

• Ah. No, I don't. Linux users do. I never have to.
                          Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the clearance.

Comment

Working...
                          X