Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Kernel Whackos: Drop Everything But ARM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by asdx
    But at least my complaints are mostly constructive criticisms if I'm not trolling, I don't whine just for whining. There's no point with that.
    Yes, we can all see you're very constructive...

    Originally posted by asdx
    Fuck you asshole, you are the cunt. Go kill yourself. Asshole.
    Originally posted by asdx
    STFU crybaby.
    Very.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by DanL View Post
      4chan-style image
      You really miss the point because its not 4chan style its a picture of the brainwashing process in the film "A clockwork orange"

      The people become aggressive against Michael and other users and turn into users with ultra violence behaviour because of the article like the crew in the film after drinking milk with synthetic drugs in the korova-milk-bar.



      Maybe you get the joke if you watch the film.

      Comment


      • #48
        PLS drop the L in Linux

        i-nux today is so much cool

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by asdx
          Say hi to me.



          I'm watching you, Nvidia.

          Finally one who do understand my intention.

          Sad fact that some people need a handbook a explanation about black humour and Art.

          Comment


          • #50
            The users of this forum are a good micro sample of the linux community...

            That's why linux it's just forks, personal wars, bitterness, uncooperation and not working drivers.

            I'm suprised the thing even boots at all .. but given the choices of window/mac os and linux, it's like having to choose diahrrea, infected feces and a fossilized turd.

            Just wait until I have one of those odroidx's or a a15minipc, I will be running jelly bean while you fuckers will be fapping away because steam just released pac man on linux... lol


            I seriously believe wintel has missed the boat, windows 8 will fail in an uber way and intel will run around like a derpy chicken.

            arm and android are the future, you go to a store here and you see a bunch of fancy 1.500 euros ultrabooks all lined up and shit but no one cares...

            You know what all the kids, teenage girls, french tourists, etc go to see?

            The tablets, the transformer pads, the hybrids.... this is the exact quote from a girl that was messing around with a asus transformer pad " I'm in love with this thing "

            microsoft and intel will now have sex to impregnate each other so they can give birth to some abortion like the windows 8 tablet but it will be a still birth.

            I know linux community is a clusterfuck of sexually repressed nerds that can't work well together even if their own lifes depended on it

            BUT

            this guy was no troll, if you shift the development resources of the community into arm development you are going to see a bright future

            The year of the linux desktop will never come, forget it, it's dead.

            The year of the linux embebded device/minipc/board it's there if you want it.


            And longsoon might be better, but it's ARM that has all the developers, all the love, etc..

            I can buy a arm board tomorrow for 30 euros, show me where I can do the same with longsoon.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
              And longsoon might be better, but it's ARM that has all the developers, all the love, etc..

              I can buy a arm board tomorrow for 30 euros, show me where I can do the same with longsoon.
              why not pay more money for a better product ? If you can pay ~500 for a transformer 32bit ARM notebook why not pay ~1000 for a 64bit loongson system ?

              I'm not against "ARM" in 2014 if they will deliver 64 support Im fine with ARM to.

              I also think that the loongson products will be become cheap in the future.

              Comment


              • #52
                Ahhh the joys of Phoronix where the morons come out to troll about things that don't really matter.

                Come on people all that stuff on the LKML was just some tongue in cheek trolling, so why get your feathers all afuffle?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
                  The users of this forum are a good micro sample of the linux community...

                  That's why linux it's just forks, personal wars, bitterness, uncooperation and not working drivers.

                  I'm suprised the thing even boots at all .. but given the choices of window/mac os and linux, it's like having to choose diahrrea, infected feces and a fossilized turd.

                  Just wait until I have one of those odroidx's or a a15minipc, I will be running jelly bean while you fuckers will be fapping away because steam just released pac man on linux... lol


                  I seriously believe wintel has missed the boat, windows 8 will fail in an uber way and intel will run around like a derpy chicken.

                  arm and android are the future, you go to a store here and you see a bunch of fancy 1.500 euros ultrabooks all lined up and shit but no one cares...

                  You know what all the kids, teenage girls, french tourists, etc go to see?

                  The tablets, the transformer pads, the hybrids.... this is the exact quote from a girl that was messing around with a asus transformer pad " I'm in love with this thing "

                  microsoft and intel will now have sex to impregnate each other so they can give birth to some abortion like the windows 8 tablet but it will be a still birth.

                  I know linux community is a clusterfuck of sexually repressed nerds that can't work well together even if their own lifes depended on it

                  BUT

                  this guy was no troll, if you shift the development resources of the community into arm development you are going to see a bright future

                  The year of the linux desktop will never come, forget it, it's dead.

                  The year of the linux embebded device/minipc/board it's there if you want it.


                  And longsoon might be better, but it's ARM that has all the developers, all the love, etc..

                  I can buy a arm board tomorrow for 30 euros, show me where I can do the same with longsoon.
                  Self-diagnosis?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Who read this news and don't noticed that this was a joke?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
                      Who read this news and don't noticed that this was a joke?
                      Oh, it's a joke? Shit, I missed that!

                      You see, when I read the quotes in the article, somehow I assumed that the GNOME foundation had taken over the kernel. Since they've already made invisible most of the interesting things you can do with a UI, it's only natural that they'd apply the same you-don't-need-no-stinkin-config to the kernel next.

                      And now, here I learn that I'm not going to be relieved of the knowledge of file systems on my wasteland of a desktop, because apparently the original post was just reporting some other schmuck's gasbaggery. :sad face:

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by steveriley View Post
                        Oh, it's a joke? Shit, I missed that!

                        You see, when I read the quotes in the article, somehow I assumed that the GNOME foundation had taken over the kernel. Since they've already made invisible most of the interesting things you can do with a UI, it's only natural that they'd apply the same you-don't-need-no-stinkin-config to the kernel next.

                        And now, here I learn that I'm not going to be relieved of the knowledge of file systems on my wasteland of a desktop, because apparently the original post was just reporting some other schmuck's gasbaggery. :sad face:
                        Fine sir, you win an internet.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
                          arm and android are the future, you go to a store here and you see a bunch of fancy 1.500 euros ultrabooks all lined up and shit but no one cares...

                          You know what all the kids, teenage girls, french tourists, etc go to see?

                          The tablets, the transformer pads, the hybrids.... this is the exact quote from a girl that was messing around with a asus transformer pad " I'm in love with this thing "

                          microsoft and intel will now have sex to impregnate each other so they can give birth to some abortion like the windows 8 tablet but it will be a still birth.

                          I know linux community is a clusterfuck of sexually repressed nerds that can't work well together even if their own lifes depended on it

                          BUT

                          this guy was no troll, if you shift the development resources of the community into arm development you are going to see a bright future

                          The year of the linux desktop will never come, forget it, it's dead.

                          The year of the linux embebded device/minipc/board it's there if you want it.


                          And longsoon might be better, but it's ARM that has all the developers, all the love, etc..

                          I can buy a arm board tomorrow for 30 euros, show me where I can do the same with longsoon.
                          Just to keep it clear, I am an unborn. I do some coding, but I am still far away from kernel development. So far so good, linux is a little chaotic; I would love 1000x more to see linux as a fully susv compliant o/s but we all know that it hadn't been done that way, but I still like my linux...and hate the documentation, which for the part I've tried to read tend to not be quite consistent; it lack of some key information for the beginner that I am. Even finding the right book is not so easy.

                          Stalling all dev except ARM is going to be their worst mistakes and it will be only a matter of times before it kill linux. Somehow that would mean that 12 years ago, support for x86, arm and everything except ia64 would be halted... Dropping arch support indeed mean no portability, better to say that enterprises will all move to BSD or else.

                          Arch support should be halted only proven it have been proven that no support is required. Even better nobody need to kill support, the only thing they need to do is to put their efforts elsewhere, and if it end up that nobody cares about this arch it mean that it have died of its own.

                          Because otherwise all it can mean is to remove the modularity from linux, and it's the worst bad idea. The funny thing is that it will still need to be developed (completely rebuilt) carefully before showing any gain. Such approach is quite backward.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X