Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news: King Linus Torvalds makes Microsoft Fat32 patent invalid (Prior art)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news: King Linus Torvalds makes Microsoft Fat32 patent invalid (Prior art)

LOL this is so epic Linus Torvalds write the technique in fat32 patent in a newsletter 3 years before microsoft fill the patent!! EPIC WIN! LOL

http://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/18205...ungueltig.html

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    LOL this is so epic Linus Torvalds write the technique in fat32 patent in a newsletter
    lolwut? Newsletter? It was a normal usenet post.

Edit:
    Also, the patent has not been declared invalid. The International Trade Commission does not have the power to do that.
    Last edited by RealNC; 03-28-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/ms-patent/

and an article for those not fluent in the teutonic language

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        lolwut? Newsletter? It was a normal usenet post.
        and usenet isn't a newsletter?

Edit:
        Also, the patent has not been declared invalid. The International Trade Commission does not have the power to do that.
        not yet but its 100% sure that they will declare the patent invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/ms-patent/

and an article for those not fluent in the teutonic language
          yes thank you i read this one to.

Comment

and usenet isn't a newsletter?
            Usenet is a communication forum, like this one, except it's not HTTP but NNTP and decentralized. Linus posted in a thread there. Someone posted a thread, asking about how FAT32 works, and Linus replied to help him. In that reply, he explained how FAT32's long names work.

Is your Wikipedia broken?

Comment

Usenet is a communication forum, like this one, except it's not HTTP but NNTP and decentralized. Linus posted in a thread there. Someone posted a thread, asking about how FAT32 works, and Linus replied to help him. In that reply, he explained how FAT32's long names work.

Is your Wikipedia broken?
              newsletter is print media there is NO "newsletter" in the original meaning in the "internet"

usenet is a modern version of a traditional "newsletter"

Comment

newsletter is print media there is NO "newsletter" in the original meaning in the "internet"

usenet is a modern version of a traditional "newsletter"
                It seems you're right. This forum can probably be "newsletter" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                  It seems you're right. This forum can probably be "newsletter" as well.
                  Right it is-->what you use it for...

if you use use-next as a newsletter then it is a newsletter.

Comment

This is just one example of Q's inability to learn from others and say, just once in his life, "thanks, I didn't know that."

PS:
                    I've been posting on Usenet for 15 years. I have a very good idea of what it is.

Comment

This is just one example of Q's inability to learn from others and say, just once in his life, "thanks, I didn't know that."

PS:
                      I've been posting on Usenet for 15 years. I have a very good idea of what it is.
                      I AGREE!!! I'm glad someone said this ....

Comment

PS:
                        the point is: i know what usenet is but in fact it just doesn't matter if someone uses usenet as a newsletter then it is a newsletter and on the tropic is just doesn't matter because even if linus write this on his Toiled paper it just breaks the patent because of prior art!

Comment

the point is: i know what usenet is but in fact it just doesn't matter if someone uses usenet as a newsletter then it is a newsletter and on the tropic is just doesn't matter because even if linus write this on his Toiled paper it just breaks the patent because of prior art!
                          Let's just wait for confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
                            I AGREE!!! I'm glad someone said this ....
                            LOL here speaks the right one. you are unable to understand the different between http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidy and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_as_you_go with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profit_%28economics%29

you are 100% sure in your little mind that the German green energy EEG law is a Subsidy but all study s show that its a "investment" with "Profit" in a "Pay as you go" business model.

and the market stock electric energy price in Germany prove this because its the LOWEST in EUROPE and the price different is bigger than the "pay as you go" this means the citizens make a investment.

now you make a big logical mistake you do not make a different between the Profit of the companyís and the consumer price and the production cost.

if the consumer price is high (this is your point) and the production costs are low (this is my point) then the clue is that the companyís just make MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE PROFIT.

you are to stupid for capitalism please go to Cuba and life in a communist nation its much easier for stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                              Let's just wait for confirmation.
                              yes but the chance is very high now Iím so happy about this *Happy*

Comment

Working...
                              X