Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Distributions Described In Terms Of Beer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    haha! Love the Beer <-> Linux comparisons!! Even though started off considering this a light-hearted/humorous article, I was surprised that by the end, my knowledge of German Beers is considerably better!!

    Thanks for the educational article! I'm sure this will come in handy next time I'm in Europe!

    Comment


    • #12
      Hmm... how about Slackware as Altbier?

      Comment


      • #13
        As it turns out there's a coke brand called Ubuntu. You can buy it in the UK and potentially elsewhere.

        Maybe the question should be what drinks distros would be?

        Ubuntu - coke
        Suse - beer
        Arch - whiskey
        Gentoo - scotch


        Oh, and no sane scottish person would call a scotch whiskey. :P

        Comment


        • #14
          Well, I'd say that Gentoo would be you choice of beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic,
          served in high/bowl/martini glass, wooden cup or a shooter, with or without a pinch
          of salt, sugar, cinnamon, combined with vegetable/fruit or clean, preheated or cooled.
          And if you change your mind it can be unshaken and poststirred. Enjoy.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by clavko View Post
            Well, I'd say that Gentoo would be you choice of beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic,
            served in high/bowl/martini glass, wooden cup or a shooter, with or without a pinch
            of salt, sugar, cinnamon, combined with vegetable/fruit or clean, preheated or cooled.
            And if you change your mind it can be unshaken and poststirred. Enjoy.
            Sounds delicious.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by 16050 View Post
              Linux Mint fits well as being Oettinger beer. Oettinger is Germany's best selling beer with 621 million litres in 2011. Just like Linux Mint, Oettinger is available in different flavours like Pils, Export, and Weizen. Most popular is the Pils with more than 200 million litres. It's the Gnome (or Cinnamon?) desktop among the Oettinger beers.
              But that would imply that Mint is the worst distro out there. Oettinger is the most disgusting beer in the whole of Germany, the only reason why so much of it is sold is that it only costs like 30 cents a bottle.

              Comment


              • #17
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Maß
                What does one even call this funny looking, "B"-like character: ^?

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by CTown View Post
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Maß
                  What does one even call this funny looking, "B"-like character: ^?
                  Eszett (it's basically a double S, not B) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ß

                  Maß work for beer as well as mighty cocktails

                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Koorac View Post
                    But that would imply that Mint is the worst distro out there. Oettinger is the most disgusting beer in the whole of Germany, the only reason why so much of it is sold is that it only costs like 30 cents a bottle.
                    You are right, Koorac. That's is not fair for Linux Mint. Instead of Oettinger, Linux Mint is the Krombacher of all Linux distributions. Krombacher is the second best selling beer in Germany. It is not cheap stuff, but good standard beer that tastes well for a large majority of consumers. Do you agree?
                    Last edited by 16050; 02-11-2012, 04:10 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by 16050 View Post
                      You are right, Koorac. That's is not fair for Linux Mint. Instead of Oettinger, Linux Mint is the Krombacher of all Linux distributions. Krombacher is the second best selling beer in Germany. It is not cheap stuff, but good standard beer that tastes well for a large majority of consumers. Do you agree?
                      Krombacher is the second most popular DE beer in terms of quantity sold? Wow, I'm not a fan of that nor Oettinger... At least I only have 31 hours until having good Weißbier und Weißwurst in MUC.
                      Michael Larabel
                      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X