Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan shut down ALL Nuclear Power plants:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Japan shut down ALL Nuclear Power plants:

    http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151283

    yes its just a test because of safety problems in the nuclear power plants but they plan to opt out the nuclear power completely.

  • #2
    Interesting. I read the same article and came to a completely different conclusion.

    The reactors are shut down for their periodic refuelling outage. In most countries, this lasts for as long as it takes the refuelling and maintenance work (which can't be done during power operations) to be done, and then the station is restarted, usually for an 18 month cycle.

    In Japan, things are different. They require a complete revalidation of all systems before the government gives permission to restart. This can take anything up to (pre-Fukushima that is) 5 months! Quite why they take so long, when nearly every other country in the world, who operate reactors, can get the same inspections and validation done in 1 month is beyond me.

    Currently, the IAEA is in Japan, double checking the stress tests that the Japanese have performed on the Ohi unit 3 plant, prior to the plant restarting.

    I expect more plants will restart in the coming months.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shielder View Post
      Interesting. I read the same article and came to a completely different conclusion.

      The reactors are shut down for their periodic refuelling outage. In most countries, this lasts for as long as it takes the refuelling and maintenance work (which can't be done during power operations) to be done, and then the station is restarted, usually for an 18 month cycle.

      In Japan, things are different. They require a complete revalidation of all systems before the government gives permission to restart. This can take anything up to (pre-Fukushima that is) 5 months! Quite why they take so long, when nearly every other country in the world, who operate reactors, can get the same inspections and validation done in 1 month is beyond me.

      Currently, the IAEA is in Japan, double checking the stress tests that the Japanese have performed on the Ohi unit 3 plant, prior to the plant restarting.

      I expect more plants will restart in the coming months.
      Sure they will restart the nuclear power plants because they need it.
      Japan do not have the infrastructure like Germany. Germany do have a big number of "cold-offline" power plants and the germans can reactivate it.

      right now the Japanese people need every power plant even its a nuclear power plant.

      but Iím sure the Japanese will quit nuclear power later.

      Comment


      • #4
        the japanese now plan a Referendum to shut down all nuclear power plants forever.

        http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151405

        they already do have the signatures of more than 300 000 people.

        and only 200 000 are needed.

        i think on a long time they follow the germans and drop the nuclear power.

        Comment


        • #5
          http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151415

          Fukushima is not save cold anymore it hits the thermal runaway again 82 Grad C they can not hold the save 80C .

          the source of this dangerous thermal runaway is not know yet.


          however the stupid USA now build a new nuclear power plant but in fact they can't control a single one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/151415

            Fukushima is not save cold anymore it hits the thermal runaway again 82 Grad C they can not hold the save 80C .

            the source of this dangerous thermal runaway is not know yet.


            however the stupid USA now build a new nuclear power plant but in fact they can't control a single one.
            cripes you're an awful poster

            first... the actual temperature isn't known. ONE thermometer went as high as 89 and the OTHER TWO remain in the 40s. the likely situation is that the one thermometer is damaged, but they're responding with more water injections so you can relax for now.

            second... how is the US "stupid" for allowing a new nuclear plant, especially one with the approved design? The country actually *HAS* energy needs you know and these ancient reactors are going to have to be retired some day. "They can't control a single one." WTF? That's like saying every airplane is out of control as long as it's not grounded. Everything has risks.


            More to the point of the thread... Japan is in a pickle. They have only three of 54 reactors online right now, and with public opposition being high, it's going to be hard bringing any more reactors back online. (And, admittedly, this seems like a good decision since there will definitely be a major, major earthquake near the Tokyo region in the coming years (very soon).) Last summer was somewhat mild so they were able to get by without significant power interruptions. This summer there will be far fewer nuclear plants generating electricity (they've brought a few older power stations back online to pick up some of the slack) and if it's really hot, they might be feeling a pinch.

            It also isn't clear what their future plans are in this regard. There is this push to get vehicles off of gasoline and onto the electric grid (since Japan doesn't really have a domestic oil supply), but they're not going to be able to move all that traffic onto the electrical grid without substantially increasing capacity. Instead of increasing capacity, they're losing capacity by shutting down the nuclear plants.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by johnc View Post
              especially one with the approved design?
              there is NOOOOOOO save and good design. Germany prove this long time ago!

              even a thorium reactor is risky the Germans prove this long time ago!
              http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernkraftwerk_THTR-300
              the Germans also check ALL other "modern" concepts a Fast Breeder nuclear for example: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernkraftwerk_Kalkar

              All Good energy concepts are not nuclear atom splitting based .

              for example for a modern cold fission based solution Rossi-energy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

              and the most GREEN energies beat nuclear power plants in cost efficiency and life time and safety.

              Originally posted by johnc View Post
              It also isn't clear what their future plans are in this regard.
              this is wrong a lot of Japaneses come to Germany to watch the super mega big offshore wind mills. Japanese plan to licensing German MEGA windmills 20 MEGA WATT wind mills.

              here the news they buy all they can buy from Germany to get the mega windmill power: http://derstandard.at/1328507736422/...-vor-Fukushima

              the Japaneses rush Germany because of the wind-power knowhow: http://www.mm-erneuerbare-energien.d...ticles/342486/

              one is for sure japan now believe in GERMANY not in the USA!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                there is NOOOOOOO save and good design.
                There is no safe anything.

                this is wrong a lot of Japaneses come to Germany to watch the super mega big offshore wind mills. Japanese plan to licensing German MEGA windmills 20 MEGA WATT wind mills.
                Considering how much of a risk Japan is for strong typhoons, I'd give those offshore wind mills about 1-5 years until a typhoon comes through and topples them.

                one is for sure japan now believe in GERMANY not in the USA!
                Good for them. Is Japan still trying to sell their nuclear technology to developing nations like India, etc.?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  All Good energy concepts are not nuclear atom splitting based .

                  for example for a modern cold fission based solution Rossi-energy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer
                  Really? The "I have invented that incredible machine that can do x, but I won't show it to you. Just believe me!" thing?

                  Did you even read the wikipedia page?

                  "If this all sounds fishy to you, it should"
                  "In many ways cold fusion is similar to perpetual motion machines. The principles defy the laws of physics, but that doesnít stop people from periodically claiming to have invented or discovered one."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    There is no safe anything.
                    you are just wrong! my photoelectric power plant is SAVE!
                    and the Rossi-Reactor is also save!
                    and most of the windmills are also save.

                    there is no Chernobyl or Fukushima with "Save" techniques.

                    Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    Considering how much of a risk Japan is for strong typhoons, I'd give those offshore wind mills about 1-5 years until a typhoon comes through and topples them.
                    the history prove you wrong! because ALL Japanese wind mills survive the Fukushima disaster! and all Japanese windmills also survive ALL typhoons!

                    All windmills are MADE for typhoons!

                    Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    Good for them. Is Japan still trying to sell their nuclear technology to developing nations like India, etc.?
                    i don't know. they should not.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by droste View Post
                      Really? The "I have invented that incredible machine that can do x, but I won't show it to you. Just believe me!" thing?

                      Did you even read the wikipedia page?

                      "If this all sounds fishy to you, it should"
                      "In many ways cold fusion is similar to perpetual motion machines. The principles defy the laws of physics, but that doesnít stop people from periodically claiming to have invented or discovered one."
                      you miss the most important point: they are already sell heating plants with that technique.

                      right now its "house" heating only because 150C is to low in pressure for steam turbines.

                      this means right now windmills are better for electric energy.

                      but I'm sure they find a way.

                      for example they can use it in coal power plants as water preheater from 5C to 98C this save 4% coal.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So... let me get this straight...

                        People actually think that Nuclear power... which is one of the most fuel efficient energy sources in the world... One of the only truely renewable energy sources in the world... One of the most enviromentally FRIENDLY energy sources... and can produce "freed-hydrogen-molecules" that are used in Hydrogen power cars... is something... to not use?

                        I'm seriously supposed to believe that citizens of Japan, after watching Nuclear Power Plants over 3 decades of age SUCCESSFULLY survive natural disasters literally in excess of 3 magnitudes more than those Power Plants were ever designed to take... and which were only ultimately damaged due to human error... note... HUMAN ERROR... Don't want to continue using Nuclear Power?

                        That they want to remove Nuclear power?

                        Um.

                        No.

                        Just. No.

                        I refuse to believe that anybody can possibly be that stupid. And yes I am saying this on a forum where RealNC posts.

                        The reality here is that the aftermath of the natural disasters in Japan were ringing ENDORSEMENT of how effective and SAFE Nuclear Power is. If those power-plants had been replaced with ANYTHING that was built in the past 2 Decades, then even Human Error would not have been capable of causing damage.

                        Quite frankly I am damn proud that the State of Georgia in the US has woken up to just how safe and reliable nuclear power is. I am damn proud that the State of Georgia is beating all of the other States in the United States in increasing it's power-producing capability through a safe and environmentally friendly NUCLEAR POWER

                        Okay, fair enough, the AP1000 isn't exactly bleeding edge. It's a couple years behind some of the stuff I am aware of Toshiba is producing. That being said the AP1000 doesn't have to fit within the small spaces that some of Toshiba's buried-battery designs are supposed to fit into.

                        Oh, and Qaridarium... do the rest of the world a favor.

                        Learn something about Nuclear power before posting on this topic again. Kind of like RealNC I really don't have the time or inclination to smack either of you around.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          Nuclear power[...]One of the only truely renewable energy sources in the world.
                          Dude, are you tripping ? Nuclear power is NOT renewable!

                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          That they want to remove Nuclear power?
                          the answer is : YES!

                          its only a matter of time.

                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          I refuse to believe that anybody can possibly be that stupid.
                          sure the Germans are stupid... NOT!


                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          And yes I am saying this on a forum where RealNC posts.
                          ?? can you please explain me this part? why RealNC do have relevance to this tropic?


                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          The reality here is that the aftermath of the natural disasters in Japan were ringing ENDORSEMENT of how effective and SAFE Nuclear Power is.
                          Dude, are you tripping ?


                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          Quite frankly I am damn proud that the State of Georgia in the US has woken up to just how safe and reliable nuclear power is. I am damn proud that the State of Georgia is beating all of the other States in the United States in increasing it's power-producing capability through a safe and environmentally friendly NUCLEAR POWER
                          LOL ? save? LOL.... really you are kidding... or you are tripping...


                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          Okay, fair enough, the AP1000 isn't exactly bleeding edge. It's a couple years behind some of the stuff I am aware of Toshiba is producing. That being said the AP1000 doesn't have to fit within the small spaces that some of Toshiba's buried-battery designs are supposed to fit into.
                          Your AP1000 is not save by design like a Thorium reactor and this commercial toy do not have "100% passiv convection cooling" this means there is a thermal runaway if some water pumps do have a failure. This means your AP1000 is a TIME BOMB!

                          in fact there are much more advance Nuclear power plants. for example : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernkraftwerk_THTR-300

                          but this is not the point. the point is: even the most advance version is risky!

                          Originally posted by Saist View Post
                          Oh, and Qaridarium... do the rest of the world a favor.
                          Learn something about Nuclear power before posting on this topic again. Kind of like RealNC I really don't have the time or inclination to smack either of you around.
                          the point is the germans prove a much more advance reactor typ WRONG!

                          you can't build a saver reactor than the THTR-300

                          this is FACT!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The battle of the trolls. Sometimes as epic as Gandalf vs the Balrog.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                              The battle of the trolls. Sometimes as epic as Gandalf vs the Balrog.
                              maybe you can answer my question what is the problem with Saist and you?

                              i just don't get it sorry what is the relevance to this tropic ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X