Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows8 "Secure Boot" UEFI 2.3.1 ban Linux and all other Opensource-OS:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...1-1334957.html

"Aus der Linux-Community wurde schon angemerkt, dass es für freie Betriebssysteme schwierig sein könnte, signierte Bootloader zu erzeugen."

quick translate: "linux experts in the community point out that no one will get an key to signing a free boot loader for this system"

HELL Microsoft is truely the most evil anti FREE and Anti Open company..

Right in this moment i wish all microsoft employees and company owner would die a painful death.

damn.. i hate this company.

I think the translation is bad. You translate "könnte"→"will" which makes the entire thing sound drastically worse.

Comment

at the bottom of that article there's a link to the english version, here it is: http://www.h-online.com/security/new...1-1335246.html in case anyone misses it.

Comment

Well... I don´t see any change in their attitude.
        Who the hell needs windows anyway?
        I love them more and more with each version, with each step. Each their step is proof what pieces of *cake* they are.
        Last edited by crazycheese; 09-02-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I don't think this is a concern about Windows, but rather about hardware vendors shipping with secure boot enabled and no way to disable it, so that *only* a digitally signed bootloader (eg the one in the pre-installed OS) could be loaded and run. The h-online article contains a link to an lwn article with more info :

http://lwn.net/Articles/447381/

Don't think anyone is suggesting that this *will* happen, only that it *could* happen.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
            I think the translation is bad. You translate "könnte"→"will" which makes the entire thing sound drastically worse.
            LOL why should i translate a written text in an Microsoft tropic NOT WORSE?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              http://lwn.net/Articles/447381/
              Don't think anyone is suggesting that this *will* happen, only that it *could* happen.
              even if it *could* happen its the worst story ever!

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                I don't think this is a concern about Windows, but rather about hardware vendors shipping with secure boot enabled and no way to disable it, so that *only* a digitally signed bootloader (eg the one in the pre-installed OS) could be loaded and run.
                Why would I want to buy a motherboard that can only run Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by movieman View Post
                  Remember winmodem? Exactly same reason - uneducated. But there is suprise factor: learning.
                  People will learn about it at some time and,depending upon their preference, either hate MS more or will consider this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by movieman View Post
                    thats not the point the point is they just buy it and blame linux not to run on there hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      thats not the point the point is they just buy it and blame linux not to run on there hardware.
                      Exactly.

(stupid 10 character limit)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                        Exactly.

(stupid 10 character limit)
                        thats very sad :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                          Precisely, and one reason to avoid such boards if they ever hit the market. Bet some indie board makers will avoid those chipsets like the plague

Comment

News: hackers crack Linux-hostile UEFI firmwares in 3, 2, 1...

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
                              News: hackers crack Linux-hostile UEFI firmwares in 3, 2, 1...
                              I am sure that's being worked on...only a matter of time

Comment

Working...
                              X