Clear All

• Oktoberfest 2009

Anyone else going to Oktoberfest? Just two weeks away
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Bratwurst und Bier.

I live in Greece now and it would be a pretty big trip, so nope

Comment

I don't drink alcohol, so not that excited. But I'll be in Munich around that time due to a school trip for a week :P

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I don't drink alcohol, so not that excited. But I'll be in Munich around that time due to a school trip for a week :P
        A German that doesn't drink beer?
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          A German that doesn't drink beer?
          Yeah, and guess what, not all Germans like "Bratwurst", "Weißwurst" and "Volksmusik" Gotta love prejudices, and during "Oktoberfest" they all come together
          Last edited by d2kx; 09-06-2009, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Yeah, and guess what, not all Germans like "Bratwurst", "Weißwurst"
            How can anyone not love Weißwurst? Especially if eaten the Bayern way (zuzeln?) and served with a liter of Augustiner. Haha, but yes I understand.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Weißwurst was actually invented by the French.

Seriously though, Oktoberfest is the worst time to see Munich.

Comment

Originally posted by frische View Post
                Seriously though, Oktoberfest is the worst time to see Munich.
                I've been to Munich enough before, I am not going to see the town.. just Theresienwiese and my other favorite biergartens to get my quota of Augustiner and (fresh) Spaten for a while
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I've been to Munich enough before, I am not going to see the town.. just Theresienwiese and my other favorite biergartens to get my quota of Augustiner and (fresh) Spaten for a while
                  We'll also attend several "Biergartens" (LOL) outside the Oktoberfest during the time... when you see someone with an "AMD - Smarter Choice" t-shirt, it's probably me
                  Last edited by d2kx; 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

There is another big german Volksfest called Cannstatter Wasen at the same time near Stuttgart. Some people say it's better that the Oktoberfest. But there are always fanboys .
                    I never have been at the Oktoberfest in Munich but I definitively want to go there. Maybe next year.

P.S. I like Weißwurst, Bratwrust and of course Bier!

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx

well heres L33F3R in the middle. L33F3R loves his booze and weed, but L33F3R is the first to recognise that d2kx clearly holds a grudge on Americans for that somewhat disrespectful post. I find it particularly distasteful whether or not it was intended as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                        well heres L33F3R in the middle. L33F3R loves his booze and weed, but L33F3R is the first to recognise that d2kx clearly holds a grudge on Americans for that somewhat disrespectful post. I find it particularly distasteful whether or not it was intended as a joke.
                        If you read the thread from the beginning, you'll notice that it was meant as a joke. I'm sorry if someone feels offended, I didn't want to hurt anyone Post removed.

Comment

i personally dont feel offended as i am not American. However it had tremendous potential to hurt someones feelings. Thanks for being a champ and removing them

Comment

p.s. anyone that buys a guy in Lederhosens with a Red Hat bag (me) a liter of Augustiner gets a free Phoronix Premium subscription
                            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by thoemy View Post
                              There is another big german Volksfest called Cannstatter Wasen at the same time near Stuttgart. Some people say it's better that the Oktoberfest. But there are always fanboys .
                              I never have been at the Oktoberfest in Munich but I definitively want to go there. Maybe next year.

P.S. I like Weißwurst, Bratwrust and of course Bier!
                              Better or not better Im from Badenwürtenberg and i know Cannstatter Wasen just diverend!

In Bayern they talk Bayrisch in Badenwütenberg's cannstatter wasen they talk Schwäbisch Würtenberg's language.

in the Nord of germany they talk more Hoch Deutsch (High German) i think Schwäbisch and Bayrisch is the most diverend Language to "High-German" in germany overall...

Würtenberg and Bayern smels und taste diverend.

in Würtenberg we like hot-yello-Senf Bayern like brown-Sweet-senf

Bayern like Wite-Wurst würtenberg like Red-Bratwurst

in bayern they eat Kartoffelknödel in würtenberg we eat semmelknödel

you can see Big different!
                              Last edited by Qaridarium; 09-08-2009, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X