Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Developers Raid The Zoo

Phoronix: X.Org Developers Raid The Zoo

Activities for the second day of the 2008 X Developers' Summit are now over. The day ended with the X developers in attendance receiving a private tour of the Edinburgh Zoo, the venue for this event. The schedule for today's talks that mostly consisted of open-source graphics were also thrown off when the developers decided to visit the Gentoo Penguins...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjcwMQ

One has to wonder if they paid Sir Nils a visit as well (there's a pic of a King penguin in the photos, but I can't tell if it's him or not...).

Comment

Penguins are really nice, even if:

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
      -- Linus Torvalds

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        One has to wonder if they paid Sir Nils a visit as well (there's a pic of a King penguin in the photos, but I can't tell if it's him or not...).
        Yes we did. That one picture is of him (you can tell by the gold armband). Though during his award ceremony a few weeks back, the zoo keeper mentioned to us that it wasn't really that penguin but a stand-in penguin for the day.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Yes we did. That one picture is of him (you can tell by the gold armband). Though during his award ceremony a few weeks back, the zoo keeper mentioned to us that it wasn't really that penguin but a stand-in penguin for the day.
          Didn't know what they'd identified him with- one of my friends had the good fortune to see him doing an "inspection" run over the troops during the tattoo, which is why I'd known about him.

Comment

Working...
          X