Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GLAMOR Support Enabled Within Debian Experimental

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GLAMOR Support Enabled Within Debian Experimental

    Phoronix: GLAMOR Support Enabled Within Debian Experimental

    As some good news for Debian users running a Radeon HD 7000 series or newer graphics card where the GLAMOR 2D acceleration support is required, GLAMOR support has been enabled within the Debian experimental repository...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcyMzI

  • #2
    [] but within the Debian world []
    It's not like it's a parallel world.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hm, found one buggy behavior... under non composited desktop, open iceweasel, open terminal, move terminal... watch slow redraw .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Hm, found one buggy behavior... under non composited desktop, open iceweasel, open terminal, move terminal... watch slow redraw .
        Slowander . Hope they will fix this redrawing slownesssss for release . Feels much unusable slugish broken stuff .
        Last edited by dungeon; 06-18-2014, 01:33 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Slowander . Hope they will fix this redrawing slownesssss for release . Feels much unusable slugish broken stuff .
          Sorry for the noise , playing with some settings in firefox triggers the slowness .

          Comment


          • #6
            I guess they use the standalone library and not xorg-server 1.16, that's the problem.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              I guess they use the standalone library and not xorg-server 1.16, that's the problem.
              What? Debian never used libglamor, this is pure xserver 1.16 rc3 .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Sorry for the noise , playing with some settings in firefox triggers the slowness .
                Which settings?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                  Which settings?
                  Not sure , some of the layers.* settings in about:config i think triggers it... i enabled it all there .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    Which settings?
                    About:config-> search for gfx
                    To see what's enabled go to about:about and click the appropriate about (I don't recall the name offhand but it should be obvious from the list).

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X