Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.15 With DRI3 & Other Goodies Up To RC2

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.15 With DRI3 & Other Goodies Up To RC2

X.Org Server 1.15 is still expected to be officially released next month and with it comes DRI3, the GLX rewrite, and other new features. The second release candidate to version 1.15 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All of my drivers are compiled for ABI driver version 14 -- what's the best way of getting compatibility so I can actually test this? Do the drivers just have to be recompiled for the new ABI?

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
      All of my drivers are compiled for ABI driver version 14 -- what's the best way of getting compatibility so I can actually test this? Do the drivers just have to be recompiled for the new ABI?
      Pull in this release, mesa git, compile them together. And hope to see that mesa git has been updated to accept the Xorg 1.15 work. Last time someone tried (about a week ago) they said tried and mesa wouldnt compile against it.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Really nice to see DRI3 in and the GLX rewrite!

But I would also hope for XWayland and to burn more code with fire!

Is XInput 2.3 in?

Comment

I would love to upgrade (especially to test DRI3 on my i7-3770K) but unfortunately the fucking Catalyst driver doesn't support X 1.15. Somehow it works on 3.13 which is a miracle
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Is XInput 2.3 in?
            XInput 2.3 went in Xorg server 1.14.

Comment

Working...
            X