Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org/Mesa/Wayland Isn't Part Of GSoC 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • X.Org/Mesa/Wayland Isn't Part Of GSoC 2013

    Phoronix: X.Org/Mesa/Wayland Isn't Part Of GSoC 2013

    While the X.Org Foundation and other projects under its umbrella like Mesa and Wayland benefited from Google's Summer of Code initiative for several years, last year it wasn't accepted to participate in GSoC 2012. The list of accepted organizations for GSoC 2013 was announced today and X.Org/Mesa/Wayland again isn't part of the acceptance list...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM0NjM

  • #2
    By chance, last year, I met someone from the GSoC program, and the subject of the selection process and X.org came up. Her explanation was that they don't have anything against X.org specifically, they just like to rotate projects out every few years to give other people a turn.

    Comment


    • #3
      Apache isn't in eitherů

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        Apache isn't in eitherů
        That's even more odd. Do they apply?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: X.Org/Mesa/Wayland Isn't Part Of GSoC 2013

          While the X.Org Foundation and other projects under its umbrella like Mesa and Wayland benefited from Google's Summer of Code initiative for several years, last year it wasn't accepted to participate in GSoC 2012. The list of accepted organizations for GSoC 2013 was announced today and X.Org/Mesa/Wayland again isn't part of the acceptance list...

          http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM0NjM
          X.Org is in GSoC this year. Check again. Please retract this article before people believe it.

          Comment


          • #6
            The full acceptance list isn't posted yet - if you look at the front page, they say 177 projects were accepted, but the acceptance list only shows the 111 which have filled out the form to display the next page yet. Phoronix simply jumped the gun and made incorrect assumptions.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
              X.Org is in GSoC this year. Check again. Please retract this article before people believe it.
              I'd bet Michael wrote and queued the article assuming X.org wouldn't get in, and didn't even check! It'll be on slashdot next.

              Qualitee news.

              Comment


              • #8
                Update: Idiot

                Who puts an UPDATE on an article with an incorrect headline and totally no correct content.

                maybe X.org can offer you some kickbacks so you stop providing coverage for it, because really if you can't even manage to remove an obviously wrong article, it doesn't bode well.

                Dave.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by airlied View Post
                  Who puts an UPDATE on an article with an incorrect headline and totally no correct content.

                  maybe X.org can offer you some kickbacks so you stop providing coverage for it, because really if you can't even manage to remove an obviously wrong article, it doesn't bode well.

                  Dave.
                  At the time, X.Org wasn't listed on the page. Now that it's been noted there are/were organizations missing from the 2013 list and X.Org Foundation has since been added to the list, it's been updated with title and removed from front-page.
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Apache is now listed as well but no ffmpeg, GStreamer, or VideoLAN. Instead Mono got inů

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X